The Haul: September 12th - September 18th, 2011

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Sep 12, 2011.

1. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Fall is finally right around the corner. Cooler temps and fall colors (and scents) are right around the corner, too. What's in your haul this week?

2. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

IMG_0206.JPG

Only a cheap haul this wk,:)

3. I am not getting RAD. I am not, I swear. But this came in today's mail. I cleaned it with scrubbing bubbles and a toothbrush and it cleaned up nicely. No date code on it but it seems to be in excellent condition. Tech Razor.jpg

4. hdflame

hdflame Active Member

Just received my new Striped Horn Super Badger from Penworks!

[​IMG]

5. ocharlas

ocharlas Well-Known Member

That's a fantastic looking brush, love the horn pattern.

Myself I just picked up the Dridecker at a Target in Jersey. I'd long given up on it since none of the targets by me carry Shea Moisture, but i was working out of town and had to check. It looks good, especially coming in under $9. excited to try it out.

6. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Very nice brush!

7. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Today I got a vintage Simms brush and two razors in the mail. Both razors are Gillettes, one I believe is a Canadian fat handled tech and the other is an English tech? Anyone with more knowledge ( :yoda2 ) please let me know. The razor with the crosshatch handle is has "Made in England" on the blade bed; the blade sits on it, covering it.

haul 9-14-2011.jpg haul2.jpg

8. newb

newb Resident Newb

Very nice Simm's. I have one I re-knotted with a TGN Silvertip. I don't know how common the Simm's are, but I haven't come across them too often and I am always looking for old Simm's brushes. Nice find. The 1932 Canadian tech is one of the more aggressive tech's. I have a 1932 also and it delivers great shaves. Is the English tech aluminium or is it heavier. I believe most were the lighter aluminium but I've read that they made a few in that style that were not aluminium. And those one's may be a little more rare.

9. battle.munky

The Simms is really nice. Much better than the picture made it out to be. I bought it to reknot but it is pretty perfect.

As far as the 1932 tech, the handle is absolutely not aluminum. I was thinking nickel or nickel over brass because it does have some heft to it. I was just going to sell the razors and keep the brush but since you mention that the '32 is aggressive, I may have to give it a run or two before I send it down the road. Thanks for the info newb!

10. battle.munky

Wait! I mixed my razors up, the '32 is very light it is the other one that is solid and heavy (the English one).

11. newb

newb Resident Newb

The 1932 tech I believe is nickel over brass. It should have the triangle slots and is aggressive for a tech. (not too aggressive but Tech aggressive) You may definitely want to give er a try. It's a good tech. The other razor with the cross knurling should most likely be an aluminium handle. If the handle is nickle over brass it is a little rare. From my understanding.
    http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/Tech/1972 (S4) Tech England.JPG

12. battle.munky

It does have the tri-oval slots. I'm definitely going to give it a shot.

This one is absolutely not an aluminum handle. It is pretty heavy.

I have the Waits Compendium somewhere on my computer but can't find it.......

13. freebird

freebird Active Member

Today's haul inspired me to dig out the ol' photo cube and light set. Received an Aristocrat and blade box purchased from TSD's classified section. While I had the cube out I took a few shots of last weeks haul, a silver tip set in Elk horn.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

P1030531.JPG P1030533.JPG

Got this nice schick injector shave kit today, the razor has been used (but very good condition) but everything else looks like new.
    Im not sure how old it is i'm sure jody will tell me :yoda2 (i tried looking on the schick pages jody has posted but could not see the same) im guessing 70's/80's

15. battle.munky

It looks like the L1 I'm about to PIF away. Not the case and accoutrements, but the razor. I am so not an injector expert though. Try posting it in the Injector party thread and those guys will tell you in a second I'm sure.

16. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

Pretty hefty loft on that brush! I bet that those razors would buff out nicely on a buffing wheel! Good haul, son.

battle.munky likes this.
  17. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

love the horn!

18. wyatt46

wyatt46 Well-Known Member

Some nice hauls Gents...

My off topic haul is a Oscar Schmidt Ukulele by Washburn
    Still in transit, I am looking forward to playin with this little gem

Washburn1.jpg Washburn2.jpg Washburn3.jpg .

19. freebird

freebird Active Member

Very nice Wyatt, that's one sweet uke!

20. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

wyatt46 likes this.