The Haul: September 19th - September 25th, 2011

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Sep 19, 2011.

1. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Fall will officially be here (at least for you Northern Hemisphere folks) this week! Pumpkin bread for all! :) Anywho, what's in your haul this week? And keep posting up those pics!! Love it!

2. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

It's lost about 15 hairs during it's initial lathering/cleaning. But if it works as good as it looks, I'll be very happy (also received Racquets today).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Steve

Hanzo, Asd, MRast01 and 6 others like this.
  3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Nice Haul.

4. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

Thanks. Can't wait to put her to the Tabac tomorrow morning.

Steve

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Very nice! May it serve you a fine lather for many years to come.

6. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

Thanks!!

Steve

7. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Actually have a haul this week. :)

It feels like it's been a while since I have picked anything up.

Today I received a Semogue Owner's Club boar brush with a Cherry handle and a bottle of Burberry London EDP.

wyatt46 likes this.
  8. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

These arrived today.. repackaged Personna 74 injector blades.. 21 blades in all... and they didn't cost a buck a blade either!

[​IMG][​IMG]

rodd, PanChango, wyatt46 and 3 others like this.
  9. tuco99

tuco99 Well-Known Member

Picked this up at an Antique Mall today.Marked "British American Limited Pat 1929 made in Canada"
    Did a search and found nothing
    IMG_0025.JPG IMG_0028.JPG

swarden43 likes this.
  10. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

IMG_0208.JPG

It was my birthday yesterday and this is what I got from my girlfriend.((yes I know nothing original) had a great shave yesterday, used my tube of Tabac (saved it for my birthday) great razor and fantastic brush great lather (my gf let me break it in over the last wk to get rid of the piggy smell):). my first boar, soo impressed.

Asd, rodd, GDCarrington and 5 others like this.
  11. swarden43

Nice! May they provide you with many great shaves for years to come.
    And again, Happy Birthday!

12. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Thanks steve. i do like the shavemac brush in the above pics thats a stunning brush.

13. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Yesterday I finally got my Ted Pella blades. 200 SE PTFE coated SS blades and 20 PTFE injector blades. Finally got to have my first shave with an injector this morning (my grandfather's Schick I1) and it was great! This injector may start dueling my OCMM for face time. Can anyone share with me how many shaves they usually get out of an injector blade and how they try to maintain it. I usually hand strop my blades but that's a little harder in this case. Also I can't take the blade out (easily) to keep it in an airtight container. Now I'm just anxiously awaiting my TSD order!

14. swarden43

How many shaves per blade? Only your face will be able to tell you that. I get the same from all my blades, be they DE, SE or injector = five 3-pass shaves. I shall not do four because that is one less than five. I shall not do six as that is one more than five. Five shall be the number of shaves per blade. (;)) Could I get more? I'm sure I could. But I don't want to take a blade to the point that it tugs and pulls.

As for hand stropping, you know I do that to all my DE and SE blades before every shave. For injector blades, I've just settled on the fact that they're going to stay in the razor until it's time to slide in a fresh blade. With the size of the blade, I see it as too risky to try and remove and replace it for every shave. Sure, it can be done, but as you said, you can't take the blade out EASILY. I've left a blade in my injector for up to a month with no rust or dulling issues, so I see no reason to keep it sealed in an airtight container. But that's me.

SharpSpine likes this.
  15. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input Steve! I knew I wouldn't get a definitive answer on how many shaves but you answered the real question I was asking which was how do they compare to the DEs and SEs. If they're about the same, then that's good for me.

16. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

:signs011:

I normally toss it after 4 or 5 shaves. I don't use them often but I have gone through a few blades up to now and the L1, G2 and G3 Shcik 66 all seemed ready around then. Didn't push it but probably could have. Shick and Ted Pellas both.

17. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Got a Rocket (my first one), a Rubberset boar for reknotting, and a puck of vtg Canadian Williams.

Anyone know if you can boil a rocket? The doors are a bit gummy and won't lay completely open on their own and the knob is a bit sluggish. Is that a Rocket thing or is it just grungy inside the handle?

rocket2.jpg rocket3.jpg rocket4.jpg rocket1.jpg

Sodapopjones, Mechguy, rodd and 4 others like this.
  18. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Nice haul there Bob cant wait to see your brush reknotted I like the blue handle very nice.:)

battle.munky likes this.
  19. Nick A

Nick A Active Member

I got a 1 oz bottle of Ralph Lauren Chaps Aftershave.....I took pictures, but my dog ate the transfer cable......and chewed it up close to the plug so I can't repair it.

Not much, but it was free!

20. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Sorry no pics...wife has the camera on her holiday!

On Monday I got home to find my Wilkinson Sword Empire razor (complete set with 4 blades) in the mailbox. I got it off the bay and came from Northern Wales, where it was born and raised (according to the history the previous owner had). it took a little cleaning, but was already in pristine condition...and no it isn't the type that can take modified SE blades. The blades are in really good condition but duller than dirt. I managed to hone one sharp enough to cut hair...but that's it. I will need to send them to my brother to hone and have him fit me with a new strop, as the one that came with the kit has the string pulled out of it (oops :ashamed001:).

Then yesterday I got home and found my treats from TSD store in my mailbox. It wasn't a big order, just a box of Vokshods and some Pupkin Delight soap. Boy was I happy though! The soap smells amazing, and WOULD lather amazing, except my badger brush is freaking out and not working to well right now...and my wife has my boar with her in Israel. (My brushes honestly have minds of their own)

Anyway that is my haul thusfar this week!