Why use bowls/scuttles?

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by DrRoly, Jun 28, 2011.

1. leonidas

leonidas New Member

....the Victorians, although drab in their clothing, loved color in their household items ..........

2. leonidas

leonidas New Member

....for a more 'manly' scuttle, Mason's Crabtree & Evelyn used to manufacture an off white mono-color scuttle, and another one with either a blue or brown hunting scene....

... but you have find those used on eBay now.
    ...they quit making them...........

3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Go to Robert Becker and get a wonderful manly colored scuttle and accessories.

DSCF0702.JPG

DSCF0705.JPG

alpla444 likes this.
  4. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

I do like that brush/razor holder (I couldnt really get one due to the weight in shipping) so i settled on just the brush holder to partner my scuttle

GDCarrington likes this.
  5. simmonds

simmonds Member

Why limit yourself to one method? Sometimes I lather on top of a puck (usually cheap Williams or VDH), sometimes I load the brush and lather in a separate bowl, sometimes I will lather on the face, especially when using creams but not always. I mix it up some, just like I do my razor, blade, brush, aftershave etc.. This is what makes it so fun and not just a boring routine.

6. simmonds

simmonds Member

Nice method you have...very reminiscent of the pampering a professional barber does before giving a shave.

7. jbraman

jbraman Member

I may have missed it, but does anybody here have any experience with dirty dog scuttles? I'm eyeballing the 1.5

8. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I'm guessing you mean a Dirty Bird?

We have a few members that have Dirty Bird scuttles.

jbraman likes this.
  9. jbraman

jbraman Member

Lol yes thats what I meant. I had dirty bird and whipped dog pulled up simultaneously.

GDCarrington and Queen of Blades like this.
  10. simmonds

simmonds Member

Hahahhahah...that was funny!