The Haul: November 28th - December 4th, 2011

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Nov 28, 2011.

1. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Thanksgiving's over in the US, and the rush towards Christmas begins. Stay safe out there! Post up those hauls!! Pics always appreciated.

2. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

P1030762(1).JPG P1030764(1).JPG

Pecksniff's edt 100ml Leather, very nice quite strong

Dridecker, wyatt46, rodd and 3 others like this.
  3. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

DSCF1403 (640x480).jpg
    I don't know what kind of cold, flu, or virus I have but it put me flat on my back today hoping for a quick end to my existence, then the postman arrived with ebay junk and I brightened right up. Got this New in good shape , this is a good shaver for me. The nice lady who sold said she was shocked it sold for $41 , who knew? she said this one sat in a drawer 20 years , she was going to go look for more razors.lol This bottle is a NOS barber's atomizer $15, this one is called the Aristocrat and was designed for brilliantine and other oil based tonics . But barbers back in the day had atomizers as well for colognes and for a fee would give you a spritz. They used atomizers because they couldn't use their hands for the strong colognes of the day or they would reek, also because colognes were expensive therefore requiring a misting not a handful . I 'll use this old atomizer for a cologne.

Dridecker, wyatt46, Dslazar9 and 6 others like this.
  4. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

The atomizer is nearly as nice as that razor, nice haul.

5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

146669.jpg 708115_desc.jpg Look what came in for me from Brazil - WOO-HOOOOOOOO!!

2x Bozzano Sensitive sc tubes
    1x Palmindaya sc tube
    1x Nazca Ravor sc tube

Muito obrigado Giuliano, meu caro amigo! :)

wyatt46, alpla444, rodd and 1 other person like this.
  6. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I was out of town a few days for Thanksgiving and came home to a couple boxes. :) One was a razor I was hoping was a Paul Revere Injector (based on poor ebay picture.) Turns out it has a very similar handle, but is a Trac II. :( I knew that was a possibility though.

Another contained two tubs of Monsavon Bol a Raser (as seen in my SoS today) I blame StingraysRock.
    [​IMG]

Then today I got another two boxes. I will have to do a write up on them tomorrow though.

Dridecker, Johnny, Mechguy and 3 others like this.
  7. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

OK, now the boxes that arrived yesterday. I think CDCarrington got one of these razors from the same seller last week. I kind of went on a shopping spree with this seller. I really need to cut back, but these were some things I just couldn't pass on.
    first, a pair of Schick Platinum razors. I wanted one to shave with, and one to keep NOS.
    [​IMG]

Then a bunch of old stock blades. I needed some injector blades, and honestly, I know nothing about these, but I was stoked to see the Schick II Twin Blades. I have been looking on and off for these for a couple years, since I heard they existed. I mostly want them as a novelty, and I think they were originally produced mostly as a gimmick, but I had to get them. I will be writing more about these soon in a new thread.
    [​IMG]
    That is right... Double edge, twin blades. I am sure you have heard by now, the more blades a razor has, the better it is. ;)

gorgo2, Dridecker, wyatt46 and 6 others like this.
  8. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

So that was you...Ha, ha! I should have figured!

I have used the twin blades, and the only warning is when that blade set starts tugging or not feeling right, don't try to ride it out like we do with other blades. Replace it right then.

rodd and alpla444 like this.
  9. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Nothing to big, at the begiging of the week I (finally) got my pack of 20 Personna Injector blades form Connaught Shaving.

...Is it just me or has the shipping times doubled since the start of November from international orders?:signs002:

wyatt46 likes this.
  10. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

P1030766(1).JPG

I liked the aftershave I got at the weekend so much I bought a set (shower gel, ASB and the EDT) as it was on offer:)

11. wyatt46

wyatt46 Well-Known Member

Nice haul Hanzo...
    Get Well Mister, we need you around this place!

Hanzo likes this.
  12. wyatt46

wyatt46 Well-Known Member

Small pre-Christmas treat for myself from shaveabuck
    Barbon Shave Cream and AS + Figaro Shave Cream and AS
    There seems to be a lot of menthol in the Aftershaves, hope the Shave Creams have the same

Reviews to follow
    Nov30Haul.JPG

13. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Now with the neoprene handle razor craze that Jody started up, I went a few weeks ago and got one from Bestshave.net.

Slide1.JPG

I did not like the Nerox head so I went to The Golden Nib and got one of the heads made by Parker.

Slide2.JPG

After placing the Parker head on the handle, it makes a great deal of difference both in the weight and the balance.

Slide3.jpg

After the current razor blade combination I am using ends, then I will start using this for a while.

Dridecker, Mechguy, alpla444 and 4 others like this.
  14. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

My friend, I never tried the Figaro cream or aftershave. However, I have both the Barbon cream and aftershave, and I will tell you with complete honesty that the aftershave is a menthol bomb. The cream has no menthol at all, but it smells very nice and leaves the skin feeling very smooth and well-cleaned. You will also freak out on how this cream lathers. I put a dab on both cheeks, I wet my brush and BINGO - my face is buried in rich, creamy, lovely-scented lather! ;)

wyatt46 and Mechguy like this.
  15. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Its not shaving related...but today I got my Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protector for my ATRIX. Now I don't need to cringe every time my girl plays with my phone! :)

Tapped out while on the RedPill.

16. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Awesome! Looking forward to your thoughts. :happy088:

GDCarrington likes this.
  17. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Happy Wednesday From Florida!

Well, it has been a long week and a half 40th birthday bash for me, from Florida to Nevada and back. I still need to upload my Lambo run, but in the meantime, here is one more birthday gift from me to me! A bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue!

At $230.00 for the bottle, this is some high dollar hootch, so I plan to have a dram or two here and there on special occasions over the next year and have the last tipple on 11-27-2012.

Can I stretch it out for a year???

Maybe!

JWB (2) (Custom).JPG JWB (3) (Custom).JPG JWB (4) (Custom).JPG JWB (1) (Custom).JPG

18. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Oh my, I know someone that loves himself. :) You have good taste my friend.

19. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

Well, since I got this stuff this week, it's what I took from The Shave Den Grab Bag!

[​IMG]

Booster Mosswood A/S; TSD Irish Spring Type Soap; Cool Water Style Soap; Pacific All Natural Shave Cream; Men-U Boar Brush; Twinplex 5/8 Straight Razor; and Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum blades.

20. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Looks good! If you decide to get rid of the piece the head screws into from that Parker head, let me know. :)

Jeff, Happy Birthday indeed! :) Looking forward to seeing your Lambo run!