The Haul: December 5th - December 11th, 2011

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Wow this year has FLOWN by. Hope you get some great hauls for holidays! Everyone be safe out there.

2. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

P1030781(1).JPG P1030780(1).JPG P1030779(1).JPG

Got this Kent BK12 today WOW its so big, I know its there biggest brush but OMG Just didnt think it would be so big, I put my omega 049 pro next to it and it seems to get dwarfed.
    It feels so soft I sorta wanna use it, but every time I look at it i just think its too big. (I did post last week about it saying I wanted a big badger brush and maybe its over kill:signs002:)

Mechguy, Johnny, GDCarrington and 5 others like this.
  3. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Overkill?! You'll never know until you try it! ;)

4. tuco99

tuco99 Well-Known Member

IMG_0077 (Medium).JPG
    I've wanted too try these for awhile!

Mechguy, Hanzo, alpla444 and 2 others like this.
  5. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Did a little horse trading with simmonds for this little beauty. According to the records I looked up it is a 1944-45 E3 that was WWII U.S. Navy issue. It is soaking for sanitizing right now, then it will be soaked in some jewelers liquid polish/cleaner. After that it will get a new blade and it will be used.

It's a good thing my "Secret Santa" sent me some Schick Injector Blades. :lyrtuy5:

1944-45 E3 Schick.jpg

wyatt46, Mechguy, wknicholas and 6 others like this.
  6. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

I'll get some pics up later, but found two flare tip black handled gillettes, superspeed and a techmatic at an antique store. Don't know the date of the superspeed yet, because there's too much gunk on it...but I think it'll clean up very nicely.

GDCarrington, alpla444 and lradke like this.
  7. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

The black handled superspeeds are great! IMO they are the best every-day one from the ones I have used. :)

8. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Well, you don't see to many of these little beauties laying around. Brand new in the case. It will be in my grubby little hands on Thursday. Enjoy.

pal 1.jpeg pal 2.jpeg

pal 3.jpeg

SharpSpine, tuco99, wyatt46 and 5 others like this.
  9. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

10. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Yes I have and my wife is NOT happy with me. :)

11. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

The PAL Injector is a good shaver. I like mine even though I have not used it in a long time. The biggest hurdle to get over is the flat handle, but that is easily doable. There was a master case of NOS PAL Injectors that I was bidding on a year ago, complete with wire rack display. I got beat out by about a dollar... I picked one up from another auction though and was very satisfied with it.

12. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Not shaving related, but I received a new Leatherman Wave in the mail today. I purchased one in 1998 and have been using it for the last 13 years. A liner lock broke and I sent it in for Warranty repair last week. They sent back a nice letter and a brand new updated model as they no longer produced the one I had. No question, the Leatherman company rocks.

battle.munky, lradke, Mechguy and 4 others like this.
  13. Latherman87

Latherman87 Well-Known Member

Today I was doing my normal pillaging of the local antique malls and junk stores.....theres one paticular booth I always flock to right away because iv found the most goodies there....today was no different......I found an old shoe shine box with a drawer on the bottom......out of curiousity I open the drawer only to discover a wooden handle german strop...it pretty good condition...good leather no nicks or anything......took it home for 12 bones...no idea what band because I cant seem to find any markings on it...but I can tell this thing has been around the block a few times.....got a nice vintage look to it that draws me to most shaving equipment......by the way I also recently invested in a vintage blades black latigo strop which is amazing imo......I also got a brass colored autostrop razer....a silver one......a 1970s gillette travel safety razor.....a gem g bar single edge razor......schick injector single edge......and today I also got a long black handled gillette adjustable......which in torment I got it home to find out the adjust wheel has been glued on tight for some reason...uber bummed!!! But the butterfly doors work well so itll be a decent shaver until I get one just like it to replace it......pics soon.....ipad wont load pics and my regular computer is down at the present moment.

14. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Today, I received an shipment of two Avon colognes. Tai Winds and Clint. Something to use in the near future.

Haul 12-6-2011.jpg

Mechguy, alpla444, Dridecker and 3 others like this.
  15. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

I forgot to post this a few weeks ago. A partially full bottle of Avon Tai Winds A/S in a nifty pipe bottle!

IMG_5698.JPG

Mechguy, alpla444, Dridecker and 2 others like this.
  16. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Now that's neat. I'm a pipe smoker and I've never seen on of those.

17. AABCDS

AABCDS Member

Here are my Semogue 2011 LE brushes, Badger 1 #70 and Bristle 2 #09.

[​IMG]

tuco99, lradke, Mechguy and 5 others like this.
  18. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Darn, now I want one of the badgers. I already have the bristle. Don't you just love those brushes?

alpla444 likes this.
  19. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

Started cleaning these yesterday. Antique store finds always seem so unbelievably gross! The Superspeed turned out to be a Y-1. The flare tip black handled Superspeeds are M-2 and...I can't remember the other at the moment. I can tell that all of them will clean up very nicely, but it's going to take a lot of elbow grease. Sure glad that I wear vinyl gloves when handling an unknown razor...as I started to Scrubbing Bubbles clean one of the black handled ones, I suddenly realized that there was a blade inside! It was such a thin blade that I didn't notice it before (turned out to be a European Personna).

I'll probably post these each as a PIF eventually. Maybe three different Newbie shaving kits?

20. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

My TSD Haul

ISZ Soap
    2X Iced Tea Tree Saop
    ISZ splash
    2 packs of Voskhods
    and a sample of the ISZ witch hazel
    This is going to be a very chilly holiday season for me.

Goodies 7Dec11.jpg

Dridecker, wyatt46, lradke and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.