Pre/Post Shave

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Infotech, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

I use Proraso Pre/Post. Yesterday evening I thought I was finished shaving and decided to use it as a Post shave which I don't usually do. I decided to use more than normal because there was some burning in a couple of areas. As I was putting it on my wet face, I noticed how slick it was compared to when I used it as a Pre shave treatment. Maybe this was because I used so much, or because of the slick residue left over from the lather. I decided to do another touch up and had one of the greatest final touch ups of my DE shaving career.

I've always read that a little goes a long way but the more I use the better it seems to be. Last night I bet I used about a half dollars worth.

If you use one, how much Pre/Post do you use?

2. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Post only and about the size of a dime.

3. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

I have only used it as a Pre-Shave and in a nickel size amount.

Raf

4. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

I only used it as a post one time and didn't care for it. Found it to be a bit too "goopy" for my tastes. As a pre shave it isn't bad but I just can't do the Proraso funky smell anymore. I got rid of all mine.

5. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

When I used the Proraso Pre Shave product, I would typically take about a pea-sized portion.....but I always found it to dry my face out as a preshave. Maybe I didn't use enough :confused:

I do like the Crema 3P, and typically use a more significant amount of it. The mineral oil in it really makes your skin slick.

6. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

I started out using a pea size portion also. While it didn't dry my face out, it was nothing like using a healthy quarter size + amount. Likewise, I found it lacking as a post shave until I started using more.

7. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Thanks man, for the idea.

I'll give it a whirl tomorrow AM :D

8. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    The smell of Crema 3P is awful!!! :eek:

Smells like school paste, only worse. Far worse!

9. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

:rofl Oh man, I think it smells great.

How's it working for you otherwise?

10. Queen of Blades

ehhh......still prefer TJ's pre-shave oil.

I definetly won't be buying any Crema 3P.

11. Will

Will Nevermind

Liar, send it too me so I can run "tests"

12. Padron

Padron Active Member

Pre only for me, about nickel size glob, works good before the shave for me...tried it once for Post, didn't care for the film it left on my skin :confused::confused: Does it gunk up your brushes?

never heard of / tried crema 3P:confused:

13. Queen of Blades

Works for me. I'll mail it tomorrow.

Don't know how many tests you'll get out of it though. It was a sample I got from Joe, in a trade.

14. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Review Here

I had a feeling nobody read my reviews :sad024

:happy001

15. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Post, about a nickel size.

16. Padron

Padron Active Member

Thanks Joe...Sorry I missed that one, read most of the others :D Sounds like good stuff...

17. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Hey bro, I used today what would amount to about 5-7x the amount I used before (probably close to a quarter amount).

Results:

1) My face was ice cold :cool::cool::cool:

2) My whiskarz melted away ::

3) Schmude Shave :D

I'm gonna keep this glass jar on the counter for a while and use it like this.......and if my shaves continue like they did today I'll be changing my review on it.

I have always wanted to like the Proraso Pre - I truly enjoy the scent and the menthol :drool

18. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

Glad to see you had good results.

As if on cue, my face is feeling a little dry this morning even after using Em's ASB and Lucky Tiger. I've never had a problem with dry skin before. I've been using the Proraso in large quantities for about 8-10 shaves. Before then I was using it but not quite so much. The only other change is Lucky Tiger... I dunno looks like I'm going to have to experiment some more. I think I'll cut out the Lucky Tiger first.

This morning was one of my best shaves yet so I don't want the Prorarso to be the problem. I don't think it is at this point since I have been using it for the better part of two months.

19. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

I use the Proraso Pre/Post at the beginning of every shave. Works wonderfully for me.

It was so much easier to score when Target stocked it. I have the tub I'm using now, and one more backup tub, then I guess I'll have to start the online search once I run out. :mad::mad:

20. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

How much are you using per app?

Gio @ R&B has the Large tub (5x bigger than the little one):

[​IMG]