Newbie Looking for Advice

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Dan72w, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Actually take one from above and then one of the brush with lather on it before it goes onto your face.

2. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

I actually use a Cappucino mug that my wife had laying around for a few years. She did pick up some fancy "soup bowl" thing form walmart, has the right size but it's too deep so I've basically abandoned that puppy. Initially I've lathered on my hand as well and found it very easy to do, but the fact of having to redo it for each pass was a pain in the backside to say the least.

3. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

As JoAnna said omega brush, (if you really feel the need to get another one), Im on hoilday at the in laws and got a brush to keep here, Omega 10275 boar hair, its 22m knott I think, small but I love it, I also own a Kent BK12, (I got cheap on ebay) its way bigger than you need or want, As Aaron has said if it lathers its doing its job, the small Omega I tend to face lather with (as i dont have my scuttle here) and Im more than happy with it so much so I'm gonna take it home with me:D

4. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Oh and as JoAnna also said alot of wet shavers do preffer the BK4 size to the BK12, I understand why, (but I dont mind indulging in an OTT shave a coulpe of times a week:))

Queen of Blades likes this.
  5. Sodapopjones

There hasn't been a single brush I haven't been able to lather, even the funky Bestshave horsehair ahem boar haired brush; however it wouldn't do more than 1 pass due to the excessive amount of epoxy in the knot.

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

:happy088:

7. Dan72w

Dan72w Member

I would assume any brush should do as I've seen somewhere on here a steel wool lather, haha! Anyways, of course it's my lack of skill! Probably a bit impatient. I'm only 25 and nearly all my shaving has been electric. I've never had to work for (or had) a good shave before. Luckily, my patience, and access to this forum will make it possible.

I will have some pics up shortly. I'm sick so either been sleeping, eating, or showering. No shaves. Probably tomorrow or later tonight depending on how I feel.

8. Dan72w

Dan72w Member

Here is my attempt. Took me about 2 minutes. Decent or no?

Attached Files:

GDCarrington likes this.
  9. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Very good! Now get that on your face and start eliminating those whiskers!

Dan72w likes this.
  10. Dan72w

Dan72w Member

I ordered a Simpson Commodore X2 anyways. This brush just sheds way too much. Think I might have gotten a lemon. But I am not discouraged!

11. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

WOW heck of a brush to start with im sure you will be more than happy with that, :), Great choice

Dan72w likes this.
  12. Sodapopjones

Looks about right to me Dan, if its sheds for more than a month its definitely a dud imo.

Dan72w and GDCarrington like this.
  13. Dan72w

Dan72w Member

You guys rock! Making this transition so much easier and a lot more fun.

GDCarrington likes this.