The Haul: January 2nd - January 8th, 2012

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Jan 2, 2012.

1. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

New Year, new stuff. Hope Santa was good to you! Here's to a great 2012 full of shaving goodness!! Post up those hauls!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  2. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

[​IMG]
    Mailman just got here. I had to send a big thanks to ItalianBarber. I didn't expect them to upgrade my shipping and manage to get it here in time for me before I left on Saturday, but it arrived a few minutes ago! Instead of getting a off the shelf sampler pack I just grabbed a big stack and tossed 'em in my cart, along with another DE87 (The wife wanted one for herself so I couldn't say no to her) and some EJ Sea Buckthorn shaving cream. LET THE BLADE SAMPLING BEGIN MWAHAHAHAHAHA. These extra 90 should last me a decent bit of time :)

3. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Not surprised to hear this. ItalianBarber.com is definitely one of the best vendors I've dealt with. They are my go-to for Proraso ASLCB.

If you've never used Bolzano blades before, keep in mind they are very sharp. Some consider them on par with Feather and KAI blades. The people that don't think this are usually older shavers who think they lost some sharpness when they stopped making them in Italy and started making them in Germany. As I wasn't wet shaving when they were made in Italy, I haven't a clue. But I've used them often since they have been making them in Germany and they are quite sharp.

alpla444 likes this.
  4. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

"Candygram for Blanka! Candygram for Blanka!" Mailman just arrived with a fresh package of shaving goodies from Razorbladesandmore.com ! They were running a fantastic special on 7 O'clock Yellows (which they are still running, FYI). It also became a perfect excuse for me to order the Grim Reaper...I mean, the Merkur 37C. I also got some Med Prep Personnas that I've been hearing so much about and some Voskhods (still kicking myself for not getting in on the group buy). I love La Toja AS so much that I decided to order a stick of their shave soap. As usual, I got some extra goodies with my order: A pack of KAI and some Lord Platinums. The 37C came with two packs of Supermax Platinums and a single Merkur blade.

DSCN0790.JPG

Mechguy, wyatt46, Dridecker and 8 others like this.
  5. Neolithium

To be honest I can't see the Bolzanos being my go to blade just for the sheer fact of their prices. I'm hoping the Astras, Rapiras or Sharks perform as well for me as they do others, but I couldn't order without at least trying them a few times in some razors.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  6. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Hit the TSD store. 100 Voskhod for $12.00 - if JoAnna has any left. I haven't looked lately but I don't know if she's re-opened the store for 2012 yet either.

alpla444 and battle.munky like this.
  7. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

snippity do dah
    snippity ay

:signs011:

8. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

P1030874(1).JPG P1030873(1).JPG

J.A..HENCKELS DE razor, I bought this just before I flew to Poland and asked the vendor to delay postage untill the the new year, so I'd be in to recieve it, very good of him to do so (The vendor is a member on here and the shaving room "sunburyboy93")

9. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

04012012379.jpg 04012012380.jpg I already posted this on the Chatterbox Thread...Last Wednesday The Mail brought me this beautiful 1938 Gillette Senator which our Jody gave me as a Christmas Gift.....I'm posting this again here for posterity.....Best to everyone and Thank You again Jody....
    These were taken with my cell phone and really do not do this justice....Theres so much shine they look hazy and you can see the reflection of the phone on the handle....But believe me this baby is in excellent condition....She's a looker and a shaver and has captured my heart....:) And the biggest thing of course, is that it's a gift from a friend...

10. blanka

I was too late, unfortunately.

11. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

If Voskhod is what you desire, I am pretty sure there are plenty to be had, you probably just need to post a want to buy thread.

PanChango likes this.
  12. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

A nice little Haul today!

Phil from BullGoose is so fast at shipping that he should be called "Greased Lightning"!

1x Lavanda SC tube
    1x Gillette Menthol SC tube

w1tllc.jpg lavandasc_big.jpg

tuco99, Sodapopjones, Mechguy and 2 others like this.
  13. Neolithium

OH! Lemme know how that Gillette Menthol is, I've been tempted to order a few tubes lately :)

14. blanka

+1
    I'm in a menthol state of mind lately

15. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

To echo a quote above "Phil at BullGoose is fast". Maybe not greased lightning, but very fast. This arrived today:

EJ DE87 Razor
    Palmolive Regular Shave Cream (Austrian)
    Palmolive Menthol Shave Cream (Italian)

Photo1221.jpg

Dridecker, Mechguy, tuco99 and 5 others like this.
  16. Neolithium

Ah that DE87 is beautiful. It's my go to razor...performance is enough to have me consider selling my 38C and just have vintage ones on display with occasional/rare usage! Interested to see what you think of the creams as well! I'm starting to slowly ditch soaps completely unless in stick form - becoming addicted to face lathering cause I love the massage!

mikec727 likes this.
  17. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

Just arrived.
    A Timor 306 5/8 Hamburg ring:happy108:

[​IMG]

18. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Well sir, look no further.

My Palmolive Thread

19. wyatt46

wyatt46 Well-Known Member

I was thinking of purchasing a Timor but I am not sure of the quality.
    What are your thoughts, how about a review :rolleyes:

20. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

Will do.....but i want to send it to Bruno first to make sure it is shave ready....so it may be a few weeks!