Help me Find a Boar Brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by scott wein, Jan 1, 2012.

1. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

That looks nice Scott, I have 2 Omega boars 10049 (27mm)+10275 (22mm), I am always happy to use either in my rotation. the 10275 was a surprise to me as I wasnt really expecting it to be so good for a small brush:), as said already pick one you like the looks of.

scott wein likes this.
  2. scott wein

scott wein Well-Known Member

Thanx Bill and Aaron...I see I am in good company.

Thanx Alpla...that's a solid history indeed.

Sodapopjones likes this.
  3. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Prob solved....looking forward to the pics of it after it arrives....I got a small Omega and loved how accurate it is at putting the lather where I want it. And it felt and smelled great out of the box, never needed a break in for me to enjoy it...

scott wein likes this.
  4. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Adding my two cents for any of the fine Omega Boars.

scott wein likes this.
  5. BassTone

BassTone Well-Known Member

I have the Proraso branded Omega Pro, the beautiful Omega 11126 and the tiny 21047, and a Vie-Long "Bombito" 11737C, of the piggy variety. I have to say, that in terms of performance, price and luxurious face feel, the V-L Bombito (for me) beats them all! The one "downside" is the injection molded handle lacks the aesthetic Wow! factor of the Lucite swirly handles of V-L's more expensive models, but it fits nicely in hand an makes some of the best lather from soaps and cream of anything I have, and it doesn't hog or waste product either. Just my $0.02, but I thought I'd throw that in just in case, and hey, if you end up going with an Omega, you can always try a V-L at a later date. Phil at Bullgoose has 'em for $15. Best to you and Happy New Year! - John

scott wein likes this.
  6. scott wein

Thanx FC and BT. I can't thank all of u enough. Wound up loving this handle so I selected the 31064. I look forward to it's arrival. Thanx Gary at ShoeBox for being available.

Ht: 113 mm Loft: 59 mm Base: 54 mm Knot: 25 mm

Omega 31064.jpg

Shawna, BassTone and GDCarrington like this.
  7. BassTone

BassTone Well-Known Member

8. scott wein

It arrived today, went through a break in puck for a while, and now the brush is resting with his cohort, Slanty.

merkur and omega.jpg

Shawna, Dridecker and Sodapopjones like this.
  9. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Very nice Scott!

scott wein likes this.
  10. scott wein

thanx Aaron. Now I have a badger, a boar a mixed, and a travel. And I love being slanted too.

Tomorrow, they will combine forces.

11. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Enjoy Scott, that is one fine looking brush!!

scott wein likes this.
  12. Sodapopjones

Omega, Vulfix now you're just missing a Simpson :cool:

scott wein likes this.
  13. scott wein

thanx Bill. After making my breakin lather, lathered up, and did one ATG. This brush will break in quick. Really soft tips and plenty of backbone.

Aaron, I wish I grabbed the Colonel before the big hike. If I go crazy, which ones do us like in the old Colonel price change + a few if u think it's worth it.

14. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I guess the logical next step is to re-knot and/or create your next brush with your very own hands!

scott wein and IAmTheJody like this.
  15. scott wein

that would be cool Jeff

16. Sodapopjones

Scott, Phil and John still seem to have them in the same prices they were, Jarrod is the only one that I have seen that went crazy; probably my fault recommending the brush.

17. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

:happy088: Enjoy it, my friend!

scott wein likes this.
  18. scott wein

thanx Aaron.

and thank you Steve. I used it tonite for the first time, needs no break in. I gave it the job of MWF and it delivered three perfect rounds of lather and then some. I expected stiffer, this has the qualities of a boar and softness of a badger.

swarden43 likes this.
  19. scott wein

I will have to take a look. That's some endorsement and worth a peek.