The 2012 Voskhod DE Blade Group Buy

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by IAmTheJody, Jan 9, 2012.

1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

voskhodbanner.jpg

NOTICE: THIS GROUP BUY IS NOW CLOSED

Back by popular demand and many requests...

100 Voskhod double-edge blades for $10.00 shipped to any USA/APO/FPO address ($12.00 shipped to international members)! That's 10 cents a blade (12 cents for international members). Sold only in cards. Each card contains twenty 5-blade packs which is 100 blades per card. You can purchase as many cards as you'd like.

Last year, TSD members bought 240 cards which is 24,000 Voskhod blades!

As with the last Voskhod group buy, cards will need to be paid for ASAP. A case costs $200.00 plus "shipping-to-me" costs plus PayPal fees plus "me-shipping-to-you" costs plus a built-in $1.00 TSD donation.
    So here's the procedure:
    • Post in this thread the amount of cards you are claiming AND WHAT COUNTRY YOU ARE IN. Remember, one card = 100 blades.
    • Payment is via secure PayPal. Go to -LINK REMOVED, GROUP BUY IS NOW CLOSED - and follow the directions on that page for checking out/paying. (if you are in the USA and do not have a PayPal account, you can still use PayPal to pay with your debit or credit card. If you're still not comfortable with that option, you can send me a money order but you'll need to private message me for mailing address details.)
    • Just a note on purchases: You may notice some discrepancy in the PayPal fees listed in the Group Buy Master List. You may see, for USA example, where someone's 2 cards incurred a PayPal fee of $0.88 and someone else 2 cards incurred a PayPal fee of $1.18 - This is because the first person ordered his/her 2 cards in one order whereas the second person ordered and paid for 1 card and then later on ordered and paid for another card. 1 single $20.00 transaction for 2 cards only incurs $0.88 in PayPal fee whereas 2 separate transactions incur a $0.59 cent PayPal fee each. So $0.59 times 2 = $1.18 Therefore, please try and order all you want in one single transaction as the PayPal fees are cheaper when doing so. Thanks.
    • As with the last Voskhod group buy, once it's been determined that the group buy is winding down to a close, I'll purchase the blades and await for their shipment to me. Then I'll mail them out to you.
    • NOTE: If you want to buy a whole case (40 cards = 4,000 blades), it'll be $200.00 + $15.00 shipping from my rep to me + actual shipping from me to you + $40.00 built-in donation to support The Shave Den + PayPal fee. So you're looking at about $265.00 for a whole case to a USA address. This will make the blades 6 cents each instead of 10 cents each. To buy a case, don't use the link. Send me a private conversation so I can get details to send you a separate PayPal invoice.
    The cheapest I've been able to find these blades so far from a USA shaving gear vendor is $14.99 a card/100 blades plus shipping. International shaving gear vendors are much higher. So you won't find these great blades anywhere else for this price. This is why we do group buys... to get the best price possible! So don't delay! Claim your cards and pay today! :)

EDIT: I need everyone to please note this because too many people are not doing it. I know the section is there to do this because most people are doing it and using it BUT too many people are not:

Please note:
    There will be a place in the PayPal checkout for this, PLEASE look for it - it may be on the first page of the checkout process or the pages after but there is a place for "Instructions to Seller" or "Your TSD Username" where you will need to:
    be sure to include your TSD username with your prepayment

voskhod-de-razor-blades-smaller.jpg

2. IAmTheJody

And we're open for business! Getchur blades here! Blades! Blades here! :happy102:

3. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

I'm in for 1 card.

EDIT: Added another card for a total of 2 cards on 1/30/2012. Payment has been made via PP.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  4. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

In for 1 card for USA delivery.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  5. vegasvics

vegasvics Well-Known Member

Ugh. I just bought a card elsewhere

6. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Any idea how long it will be on? Payday is Friday, plus I just got my posting message- in outta here in a month so I don't know my new address yet lol

7. IAmTheJody

Just depends on how many people get in on the group buy and how quickly they get in on it and pay for their blades. But it'll be much faster than last time. Last time I had to wait on the blades to arrive from Russia. Then it was slow going with my rep because I don't speak Russian and they don't speak English too well. But now I know how to deal with them. Each master case contains 40 cards so as each 40 is claimed, we'll open another case of cards to be claimed. And keep doing so until either people stop claiming cards or I've had enough of the insanity. :happy102:

I know it'll be on Friday for sure. I'd like to see the claims by members and payments made wrapped up within at least 2 weeks. If you move, you can just give me your new address when you get it and I'll mail them there once the blades are in.

8. Neolithium

Well if you don't mind holding onto them while I get moved across country that's greatly appreciated and you can count me in for 2 cards on Friday :)

9. IAmTheJody

Don't mind at all. :eatdrink047:

10. Gibbled

Gibbled Member

I'm in for one card.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  11. amadablam

amadablam New Member

I am in for 10 cards at $120 - what would a case cost me to Ireland and how many blades? I freaking love these blades! :D

IAmTheJody likes this.
  12. Neolithium

Thanks Jody! That'll be $12 per card for us Canadian types if I read correctly?

13. IAmTheJody

$200.00 for the case + $15.00 shipping from my rep to me + shipping from me to Ireland (I'd have to find out what that costs based on weight and class) with the understanding that once it's out of my hands and into the mail stream, me nor TSD is responsible for it other than providing proof that it was mailed.

Yes. Unfortunately, the USPS doesn't care how close you are. :happy102:

amadablam likes this.
  14. jim1

jim1 New Member

I'm down for 1 card.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  15. Neolithium

Still a good price, depending how payday goes I may up it to 4, but that will depend on what 9er domestic says. She already flipped a wig with my Italian Barber order last night LOL.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  16. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Do we need to include our TSD username with payment?

I just wasn't clear on this point...

:)

battle.munky and IAmTheJody like this.
  17. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Thanks for your order

Your payment of $30.00 USD is complete.

I'm down for 3 cards!

Thanks for doing this again Jody, I thought I was out cold since I missed the last one.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  18. Everett

Everett Well-Known Member

Tis a nice looking deal Jody, I wish I could join in, but I will certainly keep my eye out for the next one. Gotta keep the peace with SWMBO :p

IAmTheJody likes this.
  19. Sergio Campos

Sergio Campos Active Member

I'm in for one card as well. Payment has already been sent.

Thanks Jody, this is a great thing you are doing.

Sergio.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  20. Paulie

Paulie Active Member

I'm in for 2 cards ($24 Canada). Payment has already been sent.

Thanks Jody!

IAmTheJody likes this.