User information displayed under avitar & name?

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by coche1, Jan 31, 2012.

1. coche1

coche1 Actively Wishing Member

I know on some other forums I frequent more user information is displayed beneath the user's name & avitar. I was thinking it would be nice to have a user's location displayed there (if they choose to provide it) since we have people from around the world here. I think it would be nice to know that you're chatting with someone from Australia, or the UK, or maybe even just a city away (I'm in PA)...

I don't know if this forum server/software has the ability to change that type of setting, or if there might be some specific reason it is not displayed currently, but that is my thought/opinion on it whether you wanted it or not! ;)

2. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Just click on their avatar or name and a Rolodex type card will appear with some of that information. From there you can visit their profile page for more details if they've published any.

3. coche1

coche1 Actively Wishing Member

Yeah, I discovered that feature a little while ago. I was thinking that it is nice just have the information right there under their user name. Like I said, not a big deal, but something I personally like having and didn't know if it had ever been discussed or thought about before...

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I like the idea of the Rolodex card and access to the user's profile page from there. Reduces the clutter on the screen, but just a click away if I do want to see it.

5. tuco99

tuco99 Well-Known Member

Good idea !

6. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

me too. what we have now works very well (for me at least!)

7. Shayne Redfearn

Shayne Redfearn Active Member

i acutally agree with the idea of having the location right under the avatar...i kinda like it :)