Can someone recommend an orange-citrus after shave splash?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Donato, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Donato

Donato Member

I used to use the TSD Dreamsicle splash but it is no longer offered anymore. Has anyone tried the Orange scent or perhaps a different brand orange blossom-citrus? St. Charles used to sell a Mediterranean Citrus Splash that was great, but it is no longer available on their website. Thanks!

2. Mark1966

Mark1966 Well-Known Member

3. Donato

Donato Member

I have never heard of Musgo Real Orange Amber. It is a cologne that can also be used as a after shave splash? I found it at Amazon.com for $30 with free shipping.

4. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

TSD has Orange EO splash and some like Lucky Tiger splash.

5. Mark1966

DUH!!!!! You are looking for an after shave splash - this is a cologne, my bad. See, you should have waited for the experts!

Mind you, you could use a simple witch hazel as an after shave and then apply something like this as a cologne.

6. Mark1966

The Lucky Tiger I have certainly has the initial, but short lived, orange scent but is more along the lines of a balm than a splash to me

7. vegasvics

vegasvics Well-Known Member

Murray & Lanman Florida Water

8. CyanideMetal

It left my face a bit too sticky, but given its clear, watery consistency, for me it's a splash but I can see why it would feel like a balm.

9. GeneRector

GeneRector Active Member

:) Howdy! Have you considered making your own? Maybe add some Orange Citrus EO to a non-scented splash if you can't find what you want in a commercial product. Just a thought! Always, Gene

10. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I still have Dreamsicle.
    It's no longer on the list in the store. It wasn't a big seller.

When I run out, I'd be happy to do a custom blend of orange and vanilla, if you'd like.

CyanideMetal and Conrad1959 like this.
  11. Mark1966

You say splash, I say balm, let's call the whole thing off ;)

BTW - when is a splash a splash a balm a balm and what is this balsam thing some are using?

CyanideMetal likes this.
  12. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Types of Aftershaves

13. Latherman87

Latherman87 Well-Known Member

He nailed it !! Lucky Tiger face tonic is my FAVORITE!! It does not last long but when you put it on it makes you wanna eat our own face lol

CyanideMetal likes this.
  14. Mark1966

OK, shall we agree that Lucky Tiger is a milk then? :p

Thanks for the link!

15. CyanideMetal

Where else on the 'net can you get THAT?!?!:eatdrink047:

16. senex

senex Member

If you have oily skin you will find that Lucky Tiger AS will not fit, If not then you can buy it at Vitacost for very cheap.
    You could try Jasons Vitamin C Toner, I use it and love the smooth Orange smell and it is full of Witch Hazel, Aloe and other good stuff and not to sticky.

17. Latherman87

All those ingredients are also in Lucky Tiger....not being a *&$% head here lol just pointin that out ;)

Purified water, polysorbate 20, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) distillate, glycerin, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, calendula officinalis flower extract, borago officinalis (borage) seed oil, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, sodium hydroxide, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E acetate), retinyl palmitate (vitamin A palmitate), trisodium EDTA, methylparaben, sodium benzoate, fragrance (citrus essential oils)

18. Latherman87

The
    The LT face tonic made you feel sticky? Im glad it dont do that for me lol id be heartbroken!

19. CyanideMetal

Yep, my milage varied....

20. Donato

Donato Member

I just bought Florida Water as you recommended. The reviews at Amazon.com were all very positive and even if I don't like it, it was just $5.43 for a 7.5 oz. bottle and free shipping. It kills me to buy after shave splashes that sell for over $30 and then if you don't like them, you're stuck.
    It is also good to know that the Queen of Blades still has Dreamsicle in stock.