Brush restoration

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by alpla444, Feb 9, 2012.

1. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

Nice job.

alpla444 likes this.
  2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Excellent work!

alpla444 likes this.
  3. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Very nice, great job Dean!:happy096:

alpla444 likes this.
  4. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

WOW! shiny. That looks amazing; great job, Dean

p.s. sorry about the Reds :(

5. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Rooney!

alpla444 likes this.
  6. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Good game pitty no football has been mentioned here this wk end ONLY the none hand shake!!!! stupid really, if the handskhake is so important to the FA why did the remove it from the Chelsea Vs QPR game the week before!!!!

SharpSpine likes this.
  7. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Dean, impressive work :signs107:.

alpla444 likes this.
  8. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

I believe Suarez had agreed before the game to shake hands, whether it was Liverpool officials who made assurances I am not clear. The really stupid thing has been Liverpools handling of the thing. Fighting the suspension,defending the indenfensible and offering unqualified support for a player engaging in racist abuse. If Liverpool would have been humble, if Kenny would have said " I love my Suarez but he was wrong in this instance". If Suarez was made to say " I was wrong , I lost my head , I'll shake the man's hand ". The end result would have been an incident easily forgotten and the club looking dignified, instead their actions only fueled the incident and they could gain nothing from a dogged defense of racist actions. Suarez rewarded their defense of him and refusal to correct the player when he returned in the Tottenham game , lost his head again and should have gotten a red card for that belting kick to Parker's stomach.

alpla444 likes this.
  9. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Yeah it's all out of hand, and snowballed into something else, I agree the Parker kick was a red.
    Crazy season

Hanzo likes this.
  10. emmijack

emmijack Well-Known Member

What kind of epoxy did you use to put in the new knot, I have heard that some folks use marine epoxy as it remains flexible, is this right or am I barking up entirely the wrong tree??.
    Have wanted to do a brush refurb for a while now, and wanted to get my facts right before starting.
    Many thanks.
    Ian.

11. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Being honest I didnt end up using any the knot was wedged in the handle very tightly and has not worked loose yet, i suppose marine epoxy is the correct product as its intended for use in and with water.
    That said ive used epoxy resin many times for repair on a lot of things and im sure it would stand up to shaving. I will have a few other restorations to do in the next few months (I will be using normal epoxy.

12. Bobby Mac

Bobby Mac Member

I just stumbled on this post while reading about changing out knots; Thats a really Nice looking brush, GREAT JOB!

From everything I have read they are aluminum and made to screw apart so that you can swap out knots.