ny city cabbie returns bag diamonds..

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Mama Bear, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

2. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

I like to think of myself as an honest individual...

but this guy's an idiot :rofl

3. RichZ

RichZ New Member

You know she was a cheap so and so I don't know I would have gone out of my way for her. I mean NYC is an expensive place and a 30 cent tip is the same as giving nothing.:mad:

4. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Heck, that's what I was thinking...where do you go for eleven bucks? Up the street a few blocks? :eek:

5. She stiffed him a second time when he returned them.

That guy is as dumb as a plank.

6. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

I'd guess his name is Earl.
    ....looking for some karma down the line.
    Dont know what I would've done in that situation ??

7. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

He fixed his Karma by returning the diamonds but come on you gotta be joking me $100 reward ? thats like getting insulted for a 2nd time........::ban

Maybe he thought Ill probably get a big reward when I return them ?
    Maybe he thought this woman might remember my Cab nr ?

Maybe an honest man living in NY ? well .... ::angelic004

8. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

I guess I'm old school. I would have returned them because they were not mine, regardless of tips or rewards. He has my respect for doing it.

How he feels about himself for doing it will far outweigh whatever he may have gotten in return for his honesty.

It has also exposed her for being the inconsiderate person she truly is. The article says she is not identified, but those who know her have heard the story and I'm sure they will clue her in some how or another.

9. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

I was thinking the exact same thing...! They didn't publish this article for the sole reason to show what a good man he was .... there are two sides to this story! ;) I am appalled at that woman! She makes it alright to NOT be honest, you know?

10. St. Croix

St. Croix New Member

I agree with Bill. Do the right thing.

St. Croix

11. Edcculus

Edcculus Resident Bay Rummy

I also agree with Bill. Even though the guy got a measly $100 for returning the diamonds, the reward of doing the right thing more than makes up for it.