After you're done shaving do you...

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by xCarbonSteelx, Feb 27, 2012.

1. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

After you're done shaving do you put the lid on the tub of soap and put it away?

Or...

Do you clean up the lip, make sure no soap is on the outside, then give the inside a quick rinse to get any created lather out.

2. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

If the soap had a lid, I just put it on and done. Most of my soaps back home are in old spice mugs, no lid. They just get put away as is. To me, rinsing out the container is wasting soap. I realize the amount wasted is insignificant, but it's got to add up to a few shaves worth over the whole life of the container.

3. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

I leave any accumulated soap inside the tub for the next time. My experience has been that the soap on top of the puck helps next time I use it. I let mine sit out with the top off to air dry then put away.

4. Java

Java Member

I just clean up the lip of the tub and close it. I do have a puck in the bottom of a regular coffee mug right now ( the top of the puck is about 2 inches below the rim of the mug) so I wipe the inner wall of the cup down to keep it clean.

5. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

My Cella I put the lid on but the pucks just get put back in the cabinet. I don't rinse out any of them.

6. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Previously, I would rinse everything out and allow to dry for the day, putting the lid on in the evening. I saw some opinions posted about MWF and how it is a good idea to put the lid on right after use, so I tried it. I don't know if there has been any improvement in the performance of the soap or not, but I have been doing it long enough that it has now become a habit.

7. Dusty5150

Dusty5150 Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing, good timing on the question, thanks! I wasn't rinsing anything, tub or mug, so I'm glad to hear these responses.

8. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

Thank you for all the responses. As time goes on, I've noticed I'm using soaps more, and my soap collection is growing. I've done both, but recently have only been rinsing off the putter lip the. Putting the lid back on.

Again, thank you for all the responses!

9. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

I usually do, at least near the lip to keep the lid clean, but I don't rinse off the puck of soap itself.

10. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I wipe down the lip and the outside of the mug or bowl, but I don't rinse off the soap. It then goes into the cabinet under the sink to finish drying. That evening I take it out, zip it up into a ziplock bag, take it to the linen closet and put it at the back of the line, grab the next soap at the front of the line, and put it in the cabinet under the sink for the next day's shave.

11. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

All of my pucks of soap are in a ziploc bowl. When am done just put the lid and put it away.

12. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

:signs011: Apart from the Old Spice mugs - I don't have 'em. For the rest: yeah... that.

13. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I'd have a month's worth of dust sitting on my soaps if I didn't cover them. I follow a pretty strict rotation with my soaps, and creams are used on Mondays. With 30-some-odd soaps...

14. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I just hold the bowl upside down and rinse off the outside of the bowl where the soap slopped over the edge, then right it, and lid it if applicable. No rinsing of the soap, just the container.

15. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

If there is overflow, I just wipe the outside of the mug down and it goes in the drawer.

16. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

With screw top lids, I still do what stingrayrock used to, as described above. My wooden and my ceramic bowls, I just rinse inside and out and put the lid back on. Has served me well so far.

17. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

I just wipe off any soap on the outside, slap on the lid and put it away.

18. RockHolger

RockHolger New Member

+1

19. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

My soap sits open till I get home from work and then I either put the lid on, or put the sheet of press-n-seal back on. The only soaps I cover right away are of the Italian soft soap variety, not letting triple milled vegetable soaps dry turns the bottoms to gunk; eventually getting into the center of the soap...

20. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

I just put the lid back on and then wipe off the outside so I don't spread the mess.