Gillette Tech Help

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by verplankfan, Sep 21, 2007.

1. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Bob - if you find yourself looking for a thin-handled "Tech", keep in mind that Feather has the feather "portable" with is very similar to the old thin-handle Gillette Techs, but with greater blade exposure and more heft.

It is called "portable" but it is no more a travel razor than any other three-piece safety razor so don't let the name fool you ;)

They are also cheap and can be had brand new, with a travel case.

[​IMG]

2. jfrancisco

jfrancisco New Member

:shocked002

3. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

come on, man !

Thats like saying you like the Steelers AND the eagles or....
    the Pirates AND the phillies.
    No can do.
    nuh-uh.

4. fritz

fritz New Member

Are these the things?

Just to make sure we're on the same page, is the picture below what we are talking about? If so, I'm willing to PIF one to you for the postage. You get your choice, and I'll even swap handles if you want the bar instead of the open comb.
    Both of these have some brassing and finish imperfections, but shave just fine. PM me with a shipping address if interested.

Heck, if you have a hard time making up your mind, you can have both and pass one on sometime. They're far down in my rotation.

Attached Files:

5. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

WOW!

Great offer from Der Fritzer ::
    Whadda guy !

6. Will

Will Nevermind

Take the one on the left, open comb. I know I want it. :drool:drool

7. fritz

fritz New Member

??? The open comb is the one on the right, isn't it?:confused:
    Whatever, he can have both, and swap handles whenever....

8. Will

Will Nevermind

That is what I mean. Handle on the left, head from the right.

9. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Poor psychology on Will's part, Fritz. ;)

10. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I would like to learn something here. In fitz's photo there are two different types of bars on the razors, the one on the right I understand is called an open comb. What is the one on the left called? What is the benefit of an open comb vs the type on the left? Which is the older design?

11. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

AAAAAAhhhhhhhh yes man!!!! Miss Cleo sees a poll in your future!!!!:D

Raf

12. Will

Will Nevermind

Call me now!

976-EVIL :rofl

13. verplankfan

verplankfan New Member

Fritz sorry for the late reply I have been busy at work and I am working with my son on his Eagle Scout project which is this Saturday. I would like the razor but would like to pay you for it, you are very generous to make your offer. I would prefer the thick handle. PM me to arrange payment amount and method.

Bob

14. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

:signs108 I guess turn about is fair play.

15. Racso_MS

Racso_MS Enjoy Your Shave

Hey Bob,

Fritzer's giving it/them to you for the postage...

All he wants is that you pay it forward in the future...

BTW the Tech is a sweet shaver. I had one for sale with no takers and decided to give it another try. I have since decided to keep it. Take it before he changes his mind.;)

Enjoy your shave... :D

16. verplankfan

verplankfan New Member

Thanks I understand the PIF concept and definetly would reciprocate. We have aleady worked on a deal to buy both razors this gives ne a chance to try an open comb. Fritz's generousity was greatly appreciated and the forum gives us all a chance to try different shaving equipment and recycle what we have but doesn't work for ourselfs. I really can not wait to try the Tech, my current favorite razor and everyday shaver is my Progress. The Progress works better for me then my HD.

17. Racso_MS

Racso_MS Enjoy Your Shave

Then are you in for a surprise. I usually shave only with a Merkur (pick your flavor), but I was going to sell a Tech the other day with no takers. So I decided to give it a try. I'm now keeping it. The shave was surprisingly very good. The razor was easy to use and non aggressive and works very well if you need to give your face a break every now and then.

Enjoy it and give us a report after you use it.