Gin Drinkers?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by voice940, Jan 6, 2012.

1. voice940

voice940 Member

Couldn't find a Gin Drinkers thread... anyone else like the stuff besides me?

Personal Favorite - Hendricks Gin and Tonic or Tom Collins.

DFrancis likes this.
  2. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

ohhhhh yes. I do like it very much, however I don't stray too far off from Bombay Saphire. Sometimes I'll drink Tanqueray when I'm at my dads and I've had a couple others that I don't remember the names of.

Personal favorite: Gin Gibson on the rocks

3. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

I'm definitely a fan of gin. Tanqueray and Bombay Sapphire are my favorites, but I won't turn my nose up at the cheaper versions.

I do love me a good gin and tonic with a slice of lime. :happy088:

aubug likes this.
  4. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Not a big fan... however Tanqueray is probably one of my favourite... however my favourite is Beefeater Gin.

5. sjedwardz

sjedwardz New Member

Love the stuff. Funny thing is though I only tried some about a year ago, and I'm. 44!

Favourite is tanqueray followed by bombay sapphire. Don't like Gordon see though

6. voice940

voice940 Member

I typically drink Tanqueray when I'm at out... but at home, Hedricks is about as smooth as Gin should ever be.

7. GeneRector

GeneRector Active Member

:) Howdy! I have not had a good gin and tonic in a long time; however, it is one of my favorite mixed drinks. A friend of mine recommended a lemon slice rather than a lime slice and I really like it. Lemon or lime is fine with me. I don't know enough about the various brands to say one is better than the other. It would be a great experience to try them! Always, Gene

8. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I've never really drank much of it. Tastes like xmas trees smell.....

9. vegasvics

vegasvics Well-Known Member

G&T, Martini, Salty Dog -- all good.

Personal Favorite brands:
    Plymouth
    Bombay Sapphire
    Tanqueray (Regular, Rangpur, and Ten)
    Boodles

10. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

11. BassTone

BassTone Well-Known Member

Me too! My favorites are: Plymouth, Hendricks, Bombay Sapphire, Philly's own Blue Coat, and for something a little different, Smooth Ambler Greenbrier Gin. The latter is a new product by a wonderful new distillery in Lewisburg, West Virginia - my home state by the way. The Greenbrier Gin does not lend itself to vermouth for on account of it's unique seasoning, at least to my taste, however, it makes the most glorious Pink Gin cocktail I've yet tasted! Slainte!

12. BassTone

BassTone Well-Known Member

I've not seen that skit before! That's fantastic....and that's one very versatile fedora too! ;)

13. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

Tanqueray, I love a tanqueray and tonic with a big chunk of lime. Its my summer drink.
    I was told years ago that tonqueray is a women's gin, by a lady no less. Its no matter, its my favorite by far.
    I was pushed to try the bombay saphire, but it gave me a wicked headache every time, even after a small one.
    I typically make them in a pint glass.

Man, it just taste's like summer. Makes me think of the beach and florida. All I need to finish it out is some steely dan or steevie ray vaughn to round out the memories. AAAAAH, gin.

Shawna likes this.
  14. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Well, it is made from juniper berries. Although I don't typically have a juniper for a xmas tree, I can see how it could smell that way.

15. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I don't hate it and I don't love it. I do find it very interesting, just never critiqued it.

16. FortWayneShaver

FortWayneShaver There's a tear in my beer

I've actually found New Amsterdam to be a very good gin, at an acceptable price.

17. Rolex24

Rolex24 New Member

Hendricks for martini's, Beefeater's for G&T's....but one of my fav's is Beefeater/Tito's martini with a touch of vermouth and two olives. Life is good.

18. BossManBill

BossManBill Well-Known Member

My favorite drink is a Sapphire and tonic with a squeeze of lime and a splash of grapefruit juice.

19. voice940

voice940 Member

Hahaha, I was at a buddy's wedding reception this past fall. That night, I was enjoying a Tanqueray tonic, when this drunk guy comes up to me and asks "What you drinkin?" I told him it was a gin and tonic. His reply? "P*$$y." I had to laugh to myself, because there is nothing wimpy about a gin and tonic. It's just not a girly, wimpy drink. It's a very gentlemanly drink perhaps... but manly nonetheless. Certainly not a beverage that would feel out of place at TSD.

(actually, it sounded more like "Whaazzzu dinken?")

20. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

I LOVE "jynnan tonnix", particularly when my wife makes them.

For you gin connoisseurs, what's the difference between Tanqueray and Bombay Sapphire? Our Costco store sells both. As soon as our bottle of Tanqueray is gone, we'll start on the Bombay.