How do you TAKE your coffee?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by gorgo2, Mar 23, 2012.

1. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Nope. Double shot espresso, then fill the cup with brewed coffee. Only in Alberta, eh? :angry021:

2. OrdAvgGuy

OrdAvgGuy New Member

Lol, I took it as humorous. I really do get a kick out of it. I have several friends who regularly haze me about my coffee preference (all lighthearted). I doubt anyone would really care one way or the other.

swarden43 likes this.
  3. ksb63

ksb63 Active Member

Thought that was called an eye opener. Always good for a kick start to your day.

4. Xezmer

Xezmer Active Member

Any Vietnamese Coffee fans? I just got a Ca Phe filter and I haven't taken it over ice yet, but I think the shot of coffee it makes itself is pretty interesting. I'm using some coffee from Vietnam itself and it smells a little "peanuty" but I like it. My Dad doesn't fancy it too much.. then again, he still uses a danged drip machine.

5. Yes, that.
    For me, black. Black coffee, black Americano, black tea...

Xezmer, I am a huge fan. Both black and iced (with the condensed milk and all, only time I have sweetened coffee is Vietnamese.)

6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

On occasion I can take black coffee - I can NOT do powdered "creamer" - but tea isn't tea for me without a dash of cream or milk. No sugar in either, though.

7. Everett

Everett Well-Known Member

99.9% of the time it's black for this guy here. Strong-ish, flavorful medium roast is my preference. Very few times in the evening or something if theres coffee with dessert, I may put a small amount of cream and a smaller amount of sugar :p

8. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Always black, primarily because I can't be bothered to put sugar or milk in it. Except on the rare occasions when I get coffee from a Starbucks, Peets or convenience store. That stuff is pretty bad, so I dump a bunch of sugar in it to kill the taste.

9. Zilla

Zilla Well-Known Member

What he said!!!

Mechguy likes this.
  10. BenjamanBarker

BenjamanBarker New Member

i take 6 shots of espresso and a tad bit of foam every morning!!! without it i am a :angry019:

11. Xezmer

Xezmer Active Member

Holy canoly, 6? I take about 50 grams of coffee beans throughout my day (can make 6 espressos) but all that at once is just awesome. Do you make it yourself at home? If so, what prep?

Also, foam=crema or foam=frothy milk?

12. BenjamanBarker

BenjamanBarker New Member

yeah it has steadily grown over the last few years!!

i do both, make and home and purchase from a local coffee shop depending on how late i wake up ;) i have a nesspresso machine at home that i have had for the last few years that i LOVE! so when i make it at home i just have the Crema foam. when i buy it i have them add a small scoop of frothy milk to cut the acidity of the coffee houses espresso....although there is one local place i have found that i LOVE the espresso and don't have them add anything

13. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

I'm a cream only in my coffee guy. No sweeteners. I try to maintain a low carb & high fat intake so cream in my coffee is an excellent start to my day.

14. Xezmer

Xezmer Active Member

Do you use 6 pods (=~$3.00)? Or Double/triple shot them (=~$1.50/1.00)?

Do you mean low fat? I would imagine if anything you'd want it the other way around. A hunk of carbs and a chunk of protein in the morning is normally considered good in the morning, or so I understand.

15. SharpSpine

Nope, I wrote it right. Low fat is one of the most detrimental changes that our diets have undergone recently. Low carb & high fat is how our bodies are designed to work. We only need about 3-5% of our calories from carbs, 10-15% max to remain optimally healthy. 75-85% should come from fat with the remainder from protein. So ideal would break down to 75% fat, 5% carbs, & 20% protein.

16. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Have an order of 10 lbs of this due in Tuesday. Can't wait! First time trying it, but I've come to really enjoy the African coffees.

17. SharpSpine

Nice Steve. My current favorite is a Tanzanian Peaberry.

18. Xezmer

Xezmer Active Member

Where did you discover this information?

19. SharpSpine

10+ years of being a student of anatomy, physiology, & intelligent design. Lots of reading, even more reading between the lines, & personal experiences. Feel free to PM me for more information as I doubt this is the best place to go into it.

20. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

I like my coffee just like my women, strong and bitter. Black only, no additives. I learned something recently from Alton Brown that may be common knowledge but it was new to me. He said that the lighter the roast the higher the caffeine content because the more a bean is roasted it destroys the caffeine. I used to buy the French roast but now I stick to the mild roasts for the higher caffeine content.

GDCarrington likes this.