Your favorite brush overall for face- & bowl-lathering - let's hear it !

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by CHSeifert, May 1, 2012.

1. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

For me it is my Simpson Colonel in best badger. I also have one in Manchurian badger...but I do prefer best. Also I only face lather...haven't touched my mug in months.

2. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Surely, you can't be serious?!

alpla444 likes this.
  3. gms541

gms541 Member

I use a Muhle Basic 2 black synthetic for bowl lathering. It's extremely soft, but can work up a great lather with any soap, Williams included.

4. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

I am.

macaronus likes this.
  5. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Good show Oscar! Aaron doesn't need a Pimp Glass if he can have is very own Pimp Brush! :happy102:

macaronus likes this.
  6. Sodapopjones

Thanks again Steve, I think I'm going to have to do some knot research now, since this is indeed a special brush.... Maybe a Shavemac, or maybe something else crazy!

7. highball

highball Member

I am really liking my Thater 4125 2-band

8. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

I switch it up face lathering between my 4125 2 Thater and my fine badger from AoS. Very soft and comfy brushes. Still working with them to get the correct lather. I tend to use too much product.

9. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

I only really face lather. I like my Rooney Stubby 2xl and Vulfix 404 alot, but must say my fav of favs is the Vulfix 2235 in Super. I keep adding brushes trying to best the 2235s, and so far nothing has.

10. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Probably my Kent H8 which is the same as yours except in horn? Also, Polo 8 two band, Somerset Simmons 58 Best, and Rooney 3/2 are in my current rotation of favorites. When traveling, I just take two-AOS black handle and my Simmons PJ 2 two band. The Kents are hard to beat for value, quality, and that really classy Red Coffin that they all come in.

11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Oscar, those handles are spectacular. Where did you get them?

12. Sodapopjones

Steve(Oscar11) turned them himself.

I'm being rather indecisive at the moment and can't decide what I want to put in the handle.

13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Thanks for the info. If I had the room I would love to learn how to do that. So for now, I will just be in awe of his talent & results.

14. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

I'm looking way too forward to trying out my SOC next week. I've seen too many gents around here fall in love with that little piggy so I went to market!

15. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I did a tutorial on "how to make" them in the brush section of this forum with quite a few pics, if your interested.

GDCarrington likes this.
  16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I just took a look. I am very impressed (and having a little workshop & talent envy.)

17. utahusker

utahusker New Member

You'll love it! I look forward to every shave with mine.

18. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I really really like my vintage Simms boar. The Omega Pro 48 is great too but a bit large.

This thread has me thinking that if I had to do it all over again with my current knowledge, I'd have just gone to the hogs.