Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by April Dawn, Jun 2, 2012.

1. April Dawn

April Dawn Member

1st let me say thank you for accepting me into this group. I am not sure how many women post on here, but I am glad to be an additional one.
    A friend of mine opened my eyes to vintage razors and their beauty as well as function. I had no idea that there were so many types, styles, different accessories and beautiful intricate designs. I became almost obsessed and overwhelmed with looking at vintage razors and made my 1st purchase of an eversharp Shick for my friend who was just starting his collection. I had no clue about the Razor ..just that its look appealed to me. My second purchase with guidance was gifts for my 3 adult sons. I purchase 3Edwin Jagger De89bl Double Edge Safety Razor Chrome Plated, Proraso/C.O. Bigelow Menthol Shave Cream with Eucalyptus Oil-5.2oz, 3 kingsley soap bowls and a package of razor blades Super Max Super Platinum. My sons loved them!
    I know have an ever growing collection of womens vintage , pocket editions and several other groups of OC and SE's

I have found this to be a rewarding hobby and love to clean up these beautiful works of art

2. KLF

KLF Doctorin

April Dawn, welcome to the The Shave Den ! :happy096:

April Dawn likes this.
  3. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

Welcome to the den!

April Dawn likes this.
  4. April Dawn

April Dawn Member

Thank you for making me feel welcome :)

5. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

Things are a lil slow on the forum atm i bet you will have many a welcome by the end of the day :)

April Dawn likes this.
  6. April Dawn

April Dawn Member

I know it is Saturday afternoon..to many errands, relax time and razor hunting at this time of the day :)

7. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Welcome to the Shave Den!

April Dawn likes this.
  8. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

:signs046: to the DEN

April Dawn likes this.
  9. Conrad1959

Conrad1959 Well-Known Member

Welcome! Nice gifts you picked for your sons!

April Dawn likes this.
  10. April Dawn

April Dawn Member

Thank you everyone

Well they are 19,20 and 26 and I thought that it would be a nice gift set for each of them to have "real" razors that they may hand down to their sons when they have them one day :)

And and Smott like this.
  11. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

April Dawn likes this.
  12. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Welcome to the Den.

April Dawn likes this.
  13. Bluesbishop

Bluesbishop Active Member

Hello April! wait to everyone starts seeing pics of your growing collection....oh my!

April Dawn likes this.
  14. April Dawn

April Dawn Member

I am afraid to post them too soon..they may think I am a hoarder :lyrtuy5:

15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Welcome April Dawn! It is always good to meet someone new, and yes, it is nice to have another female here. There are a few of us who post regularly. BTW, don't worry about looking like a hoarder. There are plenty of folks here with large collections.

April Dawn likes this.
  16. Bluesbishop

Bluesbishop Active Member

Ahh......April...dear.....you are a hoarder!! I do swear you are the number one reason prices have gone up...becuase of the shortage due to you buying them all!! LOL:p

(April and I have been friends for ...****cough*** 34 yrs......I hassle her all the time over her severe RAD!)

April Dawn likes this.
  17. April Dawn

April Dawn Member

Thank you! Yes I have found that there are not a lot of us women who collect razors , so it is nice to meet a few :) As soon as I get the hang of it on this forum I will start uploading pictures of my "collection"

It is not Huge But pretty big

18. April Dawn

April Dawn Member

Whatevah! I just have run into some excellent deals ..most of the time :) I also like too many types and want one of each :)

Conrad1959 likes this.
  19. Smott

Smott Chew your shave. Slowly.

Welcome, April. Hope to see you around in the discussions!

April Dawn likes this.
  20. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

Welcome Apsie...

I think that you will like this forum a lot. Very nice people here, very informative post, not just a bunch of copy and pasting or repeating of what other have said. A big plus for the ladies is that there is a a sub-forum dedicated to women shavers. You can find that here.

Although you will notice that the postings are not as many as the site that you are used to, I do think you will find that the members here post from their heart, so the quality of the post are very good.

BTW, I am the "friend" who got her into DE razors...her collection is now probably 500 times the size of mine ;)

5Savages and April Dawn like this.