WW1 Khaki set

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by April Dawn, Jun 7, 2012.

1. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

2. April Dawn

April Dawn Member

hahaha That is a great link!

GDCarrington likes this.
  3. Conrad1959

Conrad1959 Well-Known Member

GDCarrington likes this.
  4. BassTone

BassTone Well-Known Member

Great find, and great nails!

April Dawn likes this.
  5. April Dawn

April Dawn Member

Thank you :2thumbs:

6. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Very nice! What a great score.

April Dawn likes this.
  7. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Nice set and the picture is a great addition. great addition to your collection.

April Dawn likes this.
  8. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Sweet! Great score, April!

April Dawn likes this.
  9. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

My favorite razor the WW1 and before '04's fantastic shave great history. If the date on the handle is '05 it may be made in Canada or England. Can't remember but the US was 04 and the other 2 were '05 & '02. After the 1918 model I think shave quality dropped off.
    Great that you have the photo. Often wonder as I use mine who they belonged to!

April Dawn likes this.
  10. April Dawn

April Dawn Member

Thank you :)

11. April Dawn

April Dawn Member

Thank you It did make it even more special to me

12. April Dawn

April Dawn Member

Thank you!

13. April Dawn

April Dawn Member

It is so cool :) I was hoping to get more information from the grandson , but he did not even know much ..so sad. But I am very happy to have a picture I will keep one in the case to keep them close. I have a feeling this young man cared about this razor since it was well kept even though it was used.

14. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

Great, Great score....and as always Jody and GD are both extremely knowledgeable when it comes to razors and dating them.

15. PadreTex

PadreTex Well-Known Member

How cool. I can't believe the grandson wouldn't want it! I'd love to have grandfathers' kits (one WW1, one WW2). I bid on a WW1 set because of that. Thought my son, who is a combat vet Marine would have loved it.

Great purchase!

April Dawn likes this.
  16. April Dawn

April Dawn Member

Thank you! It was one of those bitter sweet purchases for me. I was thrilled to find it and have the history and the picture of the original owner, yet saddened that the grandson thought so little of it and the history. I will take care of it and it looks so beautiful now since it is cleaned up!

17. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Just a point of info on the eBay and the sets. I've noticed that a number of the ones put up for sale are 'made up' sets with razors that don't match the war yrs. . One needs to be careful that the razors match.

April Dawn likes this.
  18. Mark1966

Mark1966 Well-Known Member

Great score! The picture adds so much to it!

The history of one of my sets I was able to track down, well at least the history of its owner. It is on my website here.

April Dawn likes this.
  19. April Dawn

April Dawn Member

That is amazing! I think it adds so much to know the history if you can find it! I know my middle Son whom I gifted a red and black cased set said" I wish I know something about the 1st owner this is such a nice set and so well taken care of you know he had to love it!"
    It does make you wonder

20. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Well that one is doing more than talking....lol....It's introducing you to its original owner.....lol...
    I can't believe his grandson didn't want it either....Well his loss is your gain (and our gain for that matter :)).....Enjoy...Thats one of the beauties of collecting...When you can pick up on some special history or vibes from another era...I see you're already sensitive to that...very cool....that increases you're enjoyment...and your middle son seems to have inherited that trait from you...:)
    I'm looking forward to seeing more of your collection.....

April Dawn likes this.