Mühle Stylo DE - any users in here ?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by CHSeifert, Jun 17, 2012.

1. CHSeifert

CHSeifert Active Member

I just ordered this one, and wondered if there were any fans of this model in here ?
    It has the R89 mild head, and I chose to get the complete set with stand and a new synthetic Silvertip fibre brush in 21 mm, small enough to make it a specific brush for face lathering.......

Considered butterscotch finish, but then saw this new and a bit more pricey Thuja Wood finish, which is 100% waterproof finish and looks pretty stunning IMHO :

[​IMG]

I'm afraid the handle will be a bit slippery, but hope the wooden surface will provide better cushion as compared to the butterscotch resin finish I considered instead.

alpla444 likes this.
  2. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Cant say I have tried it Claus, I have a EJ89L which will be the same head, and Im tempted to get a muhle synthetic brush after the review Gary gave, But that does look like a fine set:cool:, Hows it going anyway not seen you on here for awhile:)

3. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Beautiful set. That Muhle 89 head is hard to beat on nearly every aspect. Congrats.

4. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Nice set! If you find it too slippery just run your fingers over an alum stick and you'll be good to go.

5. CHSeifert

CHSeifert Active Member

I've been mostly doing my business at B&B, but make sure to never forget to visit this place, because it just is a very nice and cosy place to always return to :)

Right on ! I have also an Edwin Jagger Chatsworth Barley on order from shaving.ie and this also have the same head design. Mild in a lightweight razor, a bit less mild with a more heavy handle IMHO. But still always on the mild side of things.....

I have tried that, and you're right that will always do the job......
    But I already own the Mühle sophist R106, which also have the same head design and it's surprisingly non slippery for a black resin handle. Mühle somehow makes really good designs in their razors, especially the Sophist and Stylo range IMHO

I also find that just washing my hands after each pass will do the job and avoid slippery handles all together :)

battle.munky and alpla444 like this.
  6. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus