Deal on Astra SPs

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by richgem, Jun 23, 2012.

1. ChrisC1977

ChrisC1977 Well-Known Member

I actually purchased the Astras when I bought my razor as they were under 10.00 and had plenty of good reviews. Not used them yet though as I am still using the sharks that came with my razor. (That's how new I am at this :) ) Anybody ever use the Astras?

2. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Currently unavailable.

3. Smott

Smott Chew your shave. Slowly.

You'll find most experienced wet-shavers have used Astras. You'll also find that most, though not all, are pleased with them. I find that they work very well for me with my EJ DE89.

ChrisC1977 likes this.
  4. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

The best way to deal with the price swing on these Astras is dollar cost averaging. Every time you see a different price, buy another box!

5. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Back in stock (for a while now) and currently at $9.16/100 w/ free shipping.

6. Smott

Now how did you know that, Richard, unless you went looking? And, if my calculations are correct, you already have enough to last until your grandson's 50th birthday! [​IMG]

7. richgem

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, Steve. :innocent

8. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

I believe your calculations are off by a generation. :rofl:

Smott likes this.
  9. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Rich, now that is really something ... about having a grandson and all! ;)

10. richgem

I was surprised myself.

11. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

Hey rich since you seam to always be actively looking for astra sp daily if you ever come across some one that sells them for a decent price and ships to Canada for a decent price let me know. They are my wife's go to blade.

12. Smott

You could get 100 blades for just under $17 Canadian shipped from Amazon's Canadian site: LINK

At what price were you getting them before?

13. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

I have just been tacking 10 or 20 onto orders for other stuff like I just did with my osage/lucky tiger order I just place from a few min ago @Fendrihan. The Canadian retailers are in the 16-24 dollar range before shipping.
    Nothing near the 9 dollar range hence why I haven't bought in quantity yet. If I could get it at that price it would be a few hundred keeping the cost per blade down and that would be that for a few years.

14. Smott

Yeah, the cheapest I could find for you was $16.95 shipped from my previous post's link. Russia is closer to Canada—you'd think you'd be able to get it cheaper than we do!

15. richgem

I'll keep an eye out. For now, if you can't get a reasonable price through amazon.ca, I'd recommend bestshave.net They ship out of Turkey, but are very fast (Pending Canada Post, of course :eek:) and they have some good prices on Astras and on Turkish goods (arko stick, etc.) If you order from them, tho, best to play with your shipping options a bit before you finalize your order so as to get the best price. (As an ex., 2 boxes astra w/ free shipping, for some reason would have cost me more than 3 boxes with standard shipping.)

16. gollum83

gollum83 Well-Known Member

Delivery via Canada Post? Oh, Steve, Steve, Steve, Steve... I hope you're as well stocked with blades as Rich because given Canada Post's legendary speed, you might be waiting a few decades for those blades. :rofl:

richgem likes this.
  17. Smott

Haha, I live in the USA, so my Astras arrived in 2 days from Amazon. I was just offering optimistic counsel to a northern neighbor!

gollum83 likes this.
  18. marbert

marbert Well-Known Member

Pays to be a night owl. These blades are going for $7.76 per 100 as I type this. Just bought 200 blades. YEEE!!!

blanka and richgem like this.
  19. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

Even better than the deal I got. Nicely done sir.

20. marbert

marbert Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's just ridiculously low...to the point where I'm half expecting them to show up used.

PLANofMAN likes this.