Clubman Special Reserve...

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by GDCarrington, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Mitch

Mitch Active Member

@GDCarrington
    That's interesting. I never considered that it might effect the scent but it doesn't surprise me I guess. I recently bought some Lucky Tiger and I know I felt a little disappointed when the teller took the fat brown bottle off the shelf and to my dismay it was plastic! Still works and smells awesome but a part of me did wish it was a thick, heavy, glass bottle like it looks like it really wants to be! Oh well, I guess that's the way it's going these days. Maybe I'll consider transferring the LT to glass.

2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

If I have an empty, I transfer my EO's & FO's to glass bottles. (Good idea for aftershaves & colognes too.) But every now & then I find myself needing some more, so I just go ahead & order glass bottles. You can get clear or amber glass ones. I order from www.specialtybottle.com.

GDCarrington likes this.
  3. bamabubba

bamabubba Member

Yep I think it would. After all, a coke in glass is way better than in plastic.

4. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Picked up some special reserve and just wasn't sure if I liked it a week or so ago. I am certain now. I do not care for the scent. It sure does have staying power. I put it on on Thursday, went to work, came home the next day and showered and I could still smell it. I guess I will keep it in my collection and perhaps one day I might give it a try again. Back to the Old Spice for me! Its funny how some scents are cherished by some and not liked by others.

5. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Hey GDCarrington, that sure was a lot of work and your efforts were rewarded. I will try to migrate my plastics over to glass. Thanks for the idea.

6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

If you have an issue with the scent, try this twist. Take a small bottle and put 1/3 Clubman Special Reserve and 2/3 currently made English Leather and let it sit about two days. Try that on. The SR darkens down the EL scent and just might allow you to get more out of each product.

7. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Gary,

How do you remove the label from the original bottle without tearing the label? I recently transfered some some AS to glass bottles and would like to use the original label if possible.

Thanks!

8. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I usually make a scan of the label onto the PC then print onto single side stick label paper or regular paper if I want to cover with a clear tape for protection.

CyanideMetal likes this.
  9. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Thanks, Gary. That's much easier than what I was going to do. :signs001:

GDCarrington likes this.
  10. gms541

gms541 Member

I like the scent of Special Reserve as long as I don't pour it on. It does last. Just a couple of drops in my hand, applied to my wet face, is enough. The scent reminds me of a well oiled baseball glove that I had. It's leathery, but not like English Leather, which would choke me.

11. Georgie

Georgie Member

Hey man,

I really like your project you did, however i cannot seem to find a suitable neck in order for the aftershave to properly come out. All the bottles I saw, the necks were to thick. I been looking on ebay for to long now. please let me know how you went about finding yours and if you added a screw on neck.

Thanks

12. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I actually found an Avon bottle on e-Bay and used the orifice reducer from the original Clubman Reserve bottle to allow a controlled pour. It fit straight inside the top of the neck and completely sealed except for the dispenser hole. No modifications were needed other than that.

Good fortune in finding a suitable bottle.

13. Georgie

Georgie Member

Great idea, I recently transferred my SR into a glass bottle and within just a few days you can notice the smell becoming resorted and a lot sharper as well.

14. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Would bottled water co.'s use plastic if it releast toxic fumes into the water.....Yes they almost all do, and the toxic fumes can be analyzed in any lab in the country....Same for soft drinks...the reason they don't taste as good is because the plastic releases toxic chemical fumes....Not cool but true...And all the best perfumes do come in glass dispite the higher cost...Can you imagine Guerlain EdT's in plastic bottles....

Love what you did Gary....I will have to do that with Old Spice....:)

178-bplatoon and GDCarrington like this.
  15. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

That is why people are demanding plastic items that are free of BPA.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/bpa/AN01955