The Haul: August 13th - August 19th, 2012

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by macaronus, Aug 14, 2012.

1. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

So, what did the cat drag in this week?
    mailbox cat.jpg

IAmTheJody likes this.
  2. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Good of you to ask!
    This is what I got yesterday (thanks, Phil!):

TheHaul-2012-08-13.jpg

3. ella

ella Member

My shave brush arrived yesterday! It's an H.I.S. synthetic with black handle.
    [​IMG]
    Very soft and a good size for lathering my legs. My first and only brush so I have no real point of comparison aside from the horribly prickly snth. brushes at the local soap store. I decided it will live in my medicine cabinet so stuck velcro to the base of the brush and top of the cabinet and voila! It's upside down to dry. I also crocheted a little string so it can hang from the shower caddy.

asleep2shave, crackstar, Asd and 8 others like this.
  4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Enjoy!

5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

DSC01431.JPG One fabulous Haul today!

3x Lea Menthol sc tubes

Plus something very, very antique:

1x Claus Porto shaving soap powder

40-321-large.jpg

Ryan Bales, asleep2shave, Asd and 5 others like this.
  6. wknicholas

wknicholas Well-Known Member

I received this LE TSN 2012 Bill Bowl from Julie of Dirty Bird Pottery in yesterday's mail! :)

Bill Bowl.JPG

7. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Smart thinking! :happy088:

8. ella

ella Member

Thanks :) I keep the rest of my shave stuff in there, and the brush fit just right. The shower string is so it doesn't fall...hopefully.

macaronus likes this.
  9. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

P1040250(1).JPG P1040251(1).JPG

I managed to pick this up at the weekend (in the wild and only 50p!!!!!)

10. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Today I went antiquing in celebration of completing an exam. I found this Aristocrat Jr! It can still use a bit of cleaning and it isn't perfect, but it is still an Aristocrat Jr! :)

uploadfromtaptalk1345072093241.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1345072108370.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1345072121928.jpg

11. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

My haul this week is a LE TSN 2012 Bill Bowl from Julie of Dirty Bird Pottery and a Semogue TSN LE 2012 Brush

DSCN2056.JPG

DSCN2052.JPG

12. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

A few odd-ball pieces for my Gillette collection...

1972 solid stainless steel letter opener, 9.5 inches long, 1/4 inch thick at its thickest part in the handle, 5 ounces in weight. The hallmark on it is AS Stainless Japan. Couldn't find any information on which company that hallmark belongs to.:
    1972StainlessLetterOpener01.jpg

1972StainlessLetterOpener02.jpg 1972StainlessLetterOpener05.jpg 1972StainlessLetterOpener08.jpg 1972StainlessLetterOpener09.jpg

Some Parker and Papermate writing pens (Gillette owned both companies at one time):

1992 (purple) and 2005 (chrome) Parker Insignia models with logo on the clip:
    19922005ParkerInsigniaGillettePens01.jpg

19922005ParkerInsigniaGillettePens03.jpg

1996 Parker Frontier model with logo on the side and on the plunger:
    1996BlackParkerFrontierGillettePen01.jpg

1996BlackParkerFrontierGillettePen03.jpg

1990s Papermate Epic model with logo on the side:
    1990sPapermateEpicGillettePen01.jpg

13. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

The amazing "The Shave Nook" LE 2012 Semogue brush. It's 50% finest badger and 50% boar (90% tops).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Asd, MoAllen, alpla444 and 4 others like this.
  14. gregindallas

gregindallas Rolls Razor Revivalist

Interesting factoid:
    Pen companies were often acquired by companies in other industries because of their patients. Way back in the day, I worked for Texas Instruments when they vigorously went after Cross Pens because of their clad metal patents. After the acquisition, there was a period when we got very nice Cross Pen sets for showing up on time. :D I don't even want to talk about what TI made me do to my Extreme High Reliability Lab when they bought Herman Miller Furniture.:angry032:

15. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

This beautiful late 1930s British Gillette No. 2 Aristocrat Silver de Luxe Traveller set arrived to me today, thanks to Mike (macaronus) in the Netherlands who came across a chap selling it and handled the transaction for me and sent it to me. When I feel better, I'll do my usual thing and take many more pics and share them. For now, a teaser. It has the original pure badger Gillette shaving brush with it, as seen to the left side of the set.

DSCN3235.jpg

Asd, PLANofMAN, MoAllen and 7 others like this.
  16. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Now that is true class all the way. Enjoy! :bounce017: :bounce017: :bounce017: :bounce017: :bounce017:

IAmTheJody likes this.
  17. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Enjoy!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  18. Chad808

Chad808 New Member

I know one is obviously a slim adjustable, H3, but the other I'm not 100% certain. I think it is a No 59. Please correct me if I am wrong. It weighs in at 70g and the only writing is Made in England on the bottom and Pat Pending on the top side.
    Does anyone have any idea about how much I should have paid for the British model?
    IMG_2991.JPG
    IMG_2993.JPG

macaronus and awake2shave like this.
  19. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Looks like a Rocket HD to me. Rockets are among my favorite razors! To know for sure go to mr-razor.com and click on the solid guard bar link for gillettes. You will find it there. (Sorry I'm on my phone it else I would post a link). Those both look like they're in awesome shape! ;)?

macaronus likes this.