The Haul: August 20th - August 26th, 2012

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by IAmTheJody, Aug 20, 2012.

1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

FleasSamuelYouGaveMeFleas.jpg
    So. What did you get? ;)

2. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

P1040264(1).JPG P1040265(1).JPG P1040266(1).JPG
    A vintage hone with box marked AM HONE Co, ollan N.Y. U.S.A. With strop back, if any one has any info regarding this hone please let me know.
    P1040267(1).JPG
    An Omega synthetic brush (I tried it yesterday very nice and sooooo soft)
    P1040268(1).JPG
    At last a Old spice mug and a bonus that it has some vintage soap in it, Ive been after one of these for awhile
    P1040269(1).JPG
    A pink lady Gillette for the GF (I think she likes the colour on this one better than the blue I got for her)
    P1040271(1).JPG P1040272(1).JPG
    A rough looking FB with before and after cleaning pics P1040279(1).JPG P1040278(1).JPG

Thanks to Jody for helping me with these items from the USA, and making sure they are so well packed that the mug and hone arrive in one piece,:eatdrink047:

3. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

Snapshot_20120820_2.JPG

Today while about the town I stopped in the V.V. where I picked up my last bottle. I was is luck as they still had one of my bottles brothers so that is 2 Glass "London Winery Limited" bottles in my possession this one is circa 1962.
    The other bottle is a one ounce pump top. I think I once my current supply runs out I will put my osage rub in the pump top and use the twin bottles for the large bottles of booster Iced Lime an Polar Ice I have in the mail.
    Cremo was on sale for $6 at a local Dell Pharmacy I have not tried before but have only ready very positive reviews so @ 30% off how could I say no.

5Savages, Azarius, macaronus and 8 others like this.
  4. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Oh my, some amazing Prairie Creations goodness.

Tons of scent sniffies
    PreShave Soap #3
    Goats Milk Soap - Cool Citrus Basil
    Tallow & Lanolin Shave Soap - Honeysuckle
    Tallow & Lanolin Shave Soap - Cinderella

[​IMG]

5Savages, Azarius, macaronus and 5 others like this.
  5. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Today my brother gave me his used bottle of Lucido aftershave, he didn't want to take it on the plane back to Japan, and I wanted to try it...so it was win win! :) I also got the Travelling Wilburies collection the other day, I am loving folk music right now. And the little bracelet is my daughters new medi-alert bracelet so no one will ever wonder if she has an allergy again. Her close call with death yesterday was just too close!

uploadfromtaptalk1345527057571.jpg

6. Zereoue20

Zereoue20 Active Member

Wow, good job with FB, looks almost New

7. Zereoue20

Zereoue20 Active Member

nice. Didn't catch the thing about your daughter, but sounds like this are ok, thank God. Hopefully the bracelet prevents any future problems.

lradke likes this.
  8. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Newest 'bay acquisitions!

5Savages, macaronus, MoAllen and 5 others like this.
  9. KLF

KLF Doctorin

I just received a Gillette super adjustable long black handle("black beauty"??, from my birth year, code V-2):

[​IMG]

10. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    After years of looking, I finally acquired my unicorn and my holy grail tonight (The brush and mug). And I won the extremely rare shavette razor shown in the pic in the seller's other auction. NOS brush and mug, and you do not want to know how much I paid for those. They came with the original boxes and the NOS Safari soap. It's hard to believe that no one ever used them in twenty years. The razor is one of the handful of shavettes that take injector blades. In fact, I know of only three others that are in current production. I now give you permission to have a drool fest.:D I can't wait for them to come in the mail! DISCLAIMER: As an employee of Ralph Lauren, my views, opinions and comments may not reflect the views or opinions of Ralph Lauren, Polo or any of it's subsidiaries.
    If you are curious about the disclaimer, all RL employees are now required to post it every time we mention a RL product or discuss RL on any forum or networking site. :ashamed001: [​IMG]

5Savages, alpla444, Hanzo and 5 others like this.
  11. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

Drooling - I am indeed!:drool:

PLANofMAN likes this.
  12. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Yup, drool fest it is! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

13. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Guess I may win the prize for most expensive haul this week LOL. My Gillette Fatboy arrived in the mail and cleaned up nicely; and this evening I picked myself up a sexy 211 Nissan Altima. Good thing I stocked up on shaving stuff because now I'm not left with copious amounts of disposable income LOL.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lradke, GDCarrington, Asd and 6 others like this.
  14. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Fardles, foiled again!

15. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

"Fardles"? Never heard it.

I like it! I'll have to try and use it today :D

16. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

And, how does the Nissan Altima shave? :D When do we get a review?

lradke likes this.
  17. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

It's rather concerning that it has 4 wheels instead of 4 blades, isn't it? Maybe for head shaving that would work tho....

macaronus likes this.
  18. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Modest haul for me this week: Astra SP blades from Amazon and two cakes of JoAnna's new lanolin soap (unscented)!

[​IMG]

So, what does one do when eagerly-awaited shave soap arrives? Why, make a stick out of it, of course!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First shave will have to wait until tomorrow.

19. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

I got this vintage hone a few weeks ago. (very cheap but needed a restore)
    P1040252(1).JPG P1040253(1).JPG
    And I finnished off the job today (with some sweet advise from Jamie)
    P1040281(1).JPG P1040282(1).JPG
    Wood was sanded, stained and varnished, stone was sanded/lapped. its soooo smooth

20. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

That's a beautiful vintage hone!

alpla444 likes this.