SoS: October 22nd, 2012 - October 28th, 2012

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Oct 21, 2012.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

PAL001.jpg diana_balsam.jpg Barber_Aftershave_Osage-Rub_LRG.jpg I have some tests to undergo early tomorrow morning, so I'll start off this coming week's Thread now. I think I'll be out of house before 7:00 AM.

Menthol Monday:

Turkish Horsehair
    Super Speed/new 7 AM
    Italian Palmolive Menthol SC :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Diana Sport Menthol Balsam :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Osage Rub AS :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui EDT

This is one of the best set-ups for a Menthol Monday Shave - the Palmolive Menthol cream is not only nice-smelling with awesome lather and great skincare, it has a freezing sensation which lasts for a long time even after shaving. Put on a little Diana Sport balsam and some Osage Rub if you're able to handle them, and you'll feel frozen until the evening! ;) :D

2. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

Good morning!

Having been totally oblivious to this coming week’s theme, my Monday shave was with a cream-based lather, but that will be remediated tomorrow, got still a stick or two lying around somewhere...

Musgo Real pre-shave oil
    Logona Mann shave cream
    Mühle Basic Nr.02 shave brush, Silver Tip Fibre
    1955 Gillette Super Speed Heavy
    Personna Super / Lab blade (2.)
    Bloc Osma alum
    D.R. Harris Marlborough after shave

Second shave with the Personna Super (bought as Personna ‘Lab’, it just says ‘Super’ on the blade, need to compare it with one of the Supers I have still in store somewhere). The shave was mild and good enough, I perceived the blade as performing slightly below the ‘Med Prep’, the latter seems a touch sharper.

Wishing all of you a wonderful week ahead!

3. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Still having to share the bathroom with 4 women:shocked003: (not at the same time, just trying to get in there when its empty) managed a shave today

Hot shaower
    Palmolive shave stick
    Omega Pro red
    Wizamet Junior P-1
    Rapira (D-3)
    Dirty English ASB

DFS again today so light is this razor makes for a quick shave if you have to have a quick shave that is. 3 passes with touch up:)

4. asleep2shave

asleep2shave Well-Known Member

Last Night's Shave (Midnight)
    Brush: Unknown wood handle horse hair
    Razor: Gold/Champagne Lady Gillette
    Blade: Astra (3)
    Soap: Barbus

BBS but after the shave I noticed that my legs broke out in a bright red rash. About 95% sure that I'm allergic to the Barbus. Astra's still shaving like the first day I used it, maybe even better.

5. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

6/8 Prior
    Simpson SC
    homemade brush
    Brut Splash On

Very nice shave this morning, excellent, actually. This razor has always been a great shaver for me. Totally different in feel from the razor I used yesterday. Plenty of feedback, singing type and very hollow ground. The results were similar, nice shave. A lot of options to play around with. Have a good one.
    [​IMG]
    upload pictures

6. Bengkia369

Bengkia369 Well-Known Member

Humble shave of the day:-

[​IMG]

7. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

Hey Bengkia369, it's good to see you post, how have yo been?

8. Llyr

Llyr Stay frosty, my friends!

Menthol Monday:

soak brush/Semogue 620/DB Brush Scuttle
    hot shower
    Proraso PrePost Cream
    Mama Bear's Awakenings SS (face lathered)
    Joris 1912T/Perma-Sharp Super (4)
    warm water rinse
    Monster Block Alum
    warm water rinse
    Thayer's Lemon WH mixed with 4 drops of M-Bomb
    The Rub followed 20 minutes later with TSD ISZ Aftershave Milk :love029::love029: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:

A nice frosty start to the week :D

9. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

Shave of the Day (SOTD) Menthol/Merkur Monday October 22, 2012
    [​IMG]
    • Prep: Brush soaking in ice water, One with Nature Dead Sea Salt Olive Oil Soap, tepid warm shower
    • Razor: Merkur Progress 500 (short handle) set to 5.5 for Pass, and 3 for buffing
    • Blade: Perma-Sharp Super Stainless (2)
    • Brush: Semogue 1438 Boar
    • Cream: Lea Mentholated Shaving Cream
    • AS: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
    There is not a better way to start a Monday than with the freeze of menthol and the cold steel of a Merkur razor against your skin.

The Progress has instantly become my favorite razor. It is the only razor that I have used where one WTG pass and then buffing on my neck achieves a BBS.

10. Lyndon

Lyndon Well-Known Member

sotd-22-oct.jpg
    • Prep PSC
    • TOBS Sandalwood Shaving Stick
    • Frank Shaving Silvertip - Fan Shape
    • Vintage Gillette New Short OC
    • Crystal Blade (3)
    • Edwin Jagger ASB - Sandalwood
    • TOBS ASL - Shaving Shop
    Well it's been about 36 hours since I shaved so my whiskers were a bit longer than usual. Even after a shower, the Crystal blade on its third use was really struggling. I probably should have used a new blade. The Taylors shave stick is easy to lather and it has a great scent. The sandalwood scent is similar to the one by Acca Kappa. Excellent performance from the Gillette Short OC. :) This razor is amazing! After three passes, I can't feel any stubble at all, even when I press down on my skin!! I had initially forgot it was Monday today. I remembered half way through the shave and I decided to get out the Osage rub. Normally I will do a warm water rinse and put the Osage on straight away for maximum effect. But today I did a cold water rinse, then I applied the ASB and then the Osage. It was nice and when I put the TOBS aftershave on it turned on the cool again. Tough start today, but a good finish.

Cheers all! Lyndon

11. crackstar

Arley, have you ever tried the Italian Palmolive Menthol cream? That stuff is actually just as cold as the Lea, if not colder! ;)

Lyndon, Llyr, fishcrow and 2 others like this.
  12. NukeLaloosh

NukeLaloosh Active Member

My contribution to stick week

Shower/365 glycerine soap
    Merkur 1904 OC/Rapira blade
    Arko!
    Burma-Shave brush
    IGS Alum block
    HBG Vermont AS splash

Since the Arko is the only stick I own, it's going to be hard to add a lot to the theme week, but man that stuff can lather! This was my first use of it, and the smell was certainly...interesting, but it's a small price for great puffy clouds.

Otherwise, I think my Rapira was getting old, so 3 passes plus touch ups, DFS, but not, y'know, DDFS, which I had been getting.

Lyndon, ChrisC1977, Llyr and 16 others like this.
  13. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

SOTD Monday 10-22-2012

Classic Rooney w/Feather
    Proraso PSC
    Proraso SC
    Parker Badger
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Nivea ASB
    Mennen Original Skin Bracer

It is good to be back home and enjoying my morning coffee with a nice soaking rain to cool and settle the dust of a long hot Oregon summer.
    Although I didn't have time to post, I followed and enjoyed your posts. The little travel razor worked great but I missed all the selections from my shave cabinet; it's boring using the same things every day.

Badger & Blade 1740.JPG

14. moz68

moz68 Well-Known Member

Sorry it has been awhile since I last posted here. Hope everyone is well. Here it goes-

R41 '11 with Rapira Swedish Super steel blade

M&F Lee7

Florena SC

Humphreys Lilac WH

Cheers Guys!!

Lyndon, ChrisC1977, Llyr and 15 others like this.
  15. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Monday!
    • Prep: hot washing cloth
    • Music: Pgilip Glass, Powaqqatsi
    • Brush: Omega travel boar
    • Stick: Arko
    • Razor: Gillette flare tip rocket
    • Blade: Treet (#2)
    • Shave: 3-pass + touch-up
    • Post: hot water rinse, cold water rinse (dang! Forgot the Witch Hazel again...)
    SoS 2012-10-22b.jpg

I've said it and I'll say it again and again: Arko's great! Rich lather lathers up quick and I even like the smell. :)
    The Treet blade behaved better in the Gillette flare tip than in yesterday's Wilkinson Sword Classic, but it wasn't a great shave. A bit rough, as if the blade was some weeks in rotation. Attained a DFS none the less. I'll try the blade later this week in the Ugly Duckling and the Gillette Old Style OC. Perhaps there it will perform better.

Have a nice week, ya'll!

Lyndon, ChrisC1977, Llyr and 15 others like this.
  16. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Monday

Prep: Hot shower, TSD ISZ PSB, hand strop blade
    CD: Best of the Blues, disc 1
    Coffee: Home roasted, fresh ground Malawi Mapanga AA, BLACK
    Cream: TSD Wheat Cedarwood + 3 drops M Bomb
    Brush: Vulfix 404, The Grosvenor badger/boar mix
    Razor: '61 Fatboy @ 6
    Blade: Gillette Super Thin, day 1, 3 passes
    Post: Cold water rinse, ice water splash, Dickenson's WH + 2 drops M Bomb, B&BW Oak, hand strop blade
    'Stache Wax: Steve's Own

A darn fine shave. Love the smell of the Cedarwood.

Lyndon, ChrisC1977, Llyr and 17 others like this.
  17. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

Welcome back Moz! :)

Llyr, macaronus, fishcrow and 2 others like this.
  18. crackstar

Good to see you again, Moz! :)

Llyr, macaronus, fishcrow and 2 others like this.
  19. Hayter

Hayter Active Member

Just had a fantastic shave today.. Godrej soap, Gillete super speed, Astra SP, Witch hazxel with aloe, and Gillete after shave. Felt awesome.. I cant wait for my other creams and soaps to get here.

Lyndon, Llyr, Smoothy and 8 others like this.
  20. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

Hey Jeff, not yet....but I am keeping an eye out for it. I want COLD. This mornings face was cold, but not cold enough. I want my face to feel like I am walking through a blizzard in January :Animatedfrozensmily:

Llyr and macaronus like this.