My First Hurricane...

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by swarden43, Oct 28, 2012.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Well at least ur all safe.

swarden43 likes this.
  2. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Keeping everyone in my thoughts!

Just keep seeing sun, beaches and palm trees! :happy069:

3. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Sooo.... how did ya post that?
    Used the Penguinator telegraph? Didn't know that was still in order! :D

4. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Hope everyone is allright and all will be a-ok soon!

5. richgem

Smoke signals via my relay in Winnipeg. (actually posted via 4g/cell phone).

As for now... TV and internet are back up, but now cell phones are down. weird.

macaronus likes this.
  6. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

check out ustream.tv they have live feeds of storm watch across US the eastern sea board and if you do some diging you can find feeds of local news coverage in most of the effected city's I am not sure how close this is to battle monkey but here is a link of cams from Sulsbury,MD http://www.ustream.tv/channel/orbitalsandy

7. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

We made it through ok. Didn't lose power, just a few branches down.

Hope everyone gets power back soon and the waters reside.

swarden43, awake2shave and macaronus like this.
  8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Hubby should be able to come home after work tonight. He couldn't last night, due to bridge closures. On the bright side, he found a hotel to sleep in, and got to use the little Travel Tech I won in a PIF. He really likes it, BTW.

9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Glad to hear all is well!

battle.munky likes this.
  10. gollum83

gollum83 Well-Known Member

Well that's better then lot of people out towards the East Coast. I glad it sounds like a lot of people here made it through okay, and I'm hoping its the same for those we haven't heard from yet.

11. Luteplayers

Luteplayers Well-Known Member

Sitting in a Red Robin in southern Maine as me and 33,000 of my friends still have no power.

Working in tech support for a cable company, getting all the overtime I want. I'm amazed at how many people insist on talking to a person when the up front message tells them they are in an outage area. And no sir, just because you have a generator, that doesn't mean your cable phone and internet should be working.

macaronus likes this.
  12. richgem

[​IMG]

13. emmijack

emmijack Well-Known Member

It's great to hear that everybody in the hurricanes path seems to be ok, my thoughts and prayers are with you all !!!

14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

We had another power outage last night, for about 4 hours. But on the bright side, my husband finally got to come home!

macaronus likes this.
  15. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Lost power for 22 hours which isn't bad at all. Had a few trees come down. One crushed the fence, two big Cedars leaned over on the house. The crappy thing is that I can't do any clean up until the insurance adjuster shows up. No water in the basement.

battle.munky and macaronus like this.
  16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

No one was hurt, I hope.

17. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

I do pray that everyone is safe . Now comes the daunting task of cleaning it up.