Worst-Smelling Aftershave in Your Opinion?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by boyextraordinare, Oct 19, 2009.

1. BassTone

BassTone Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry too much, we all like what we like and our noses are different. Besides, I'm also the guy who has to hold his breath before, durring, and after entering a grocery or craft store between late September and January on account of the Xmas pine cones scented with cinnamon they put all around the entrances, yet lots of people just love those things.

2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Trust us, she doesn't mean that in a good way. ;)

3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Better than wearing Axe and being told you smell like a twelve year old.

4. Latherman87

Latherman87 Well-Known Member

LMAO I just asked my wife what she meant by the "smelling like an old man " comment and she said old people creep her out lol I said all creepiness aside is it a bad smell? She said no just weird that you smell way older than you are lol.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  5. ZackPomerleau

ZackPomerleau Active Member

Only Pinaud scent I've liked thus far is Bay Rum.

6. Jayjo

Jayjo Member

Aqua velva musk or classic blue.
    Brut

7. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Well Brett - there is no accounting for taste... some of us really like Clubman (especially the Vanilla!), and then some of us have poor taste. Doubtless these are the same kind people who kick puppies, are rude to the elderly, and blow the leaves from their yard into the neighbors! Oh well... stay strong brother! ;)

Latherman87 likes this.
  8. Latherman87

Latherman87 Well-Known Member

I actually have Clubman Lime Sec on my list of "Wanted Aftershaves" ...you ever use it?

9. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

No, that one is on my list. But I have bottles and bottles of so many things - I have enough bottles of vintage aftershaves to last a long time, a couple bottles of Clubman on the go now, and 5 bottles of various others open and in rotation. Then of course there are the 2 new bottles enroute from the TSD store... I will get around to the Lime eventually! If you try it let me know what you think, OK?

Latherman87 likes this.
  10. SparrowPoint

SparrowPoint Active Member

Most Bay Rums that are heavy on clove. I don't want to smell like a ham. It's bay rum not clove rum

11. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

Kinda like Ralon, smells like melted vinyl infused with death and camphor , but after a few mins it smells all manly flowery :D

jeraldgordon likes this.
  12. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

You should write ad copy. ;)

jeraldgordon and Monkeylord like this.
  13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Ditto. There are more I'm sure, but the ones I've tried that don't contain clove, or keep it to a tolerable bare minimum, are Avon's vintage (jug or barrel), Superior 70, Oglala (at least I don't recall it having cloves) and my fav of the four, Stephan's BR...a true sleeper among bay rums.

14. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Oglalla is strong, so the clove doesn't overpower it. I should mention Master's Bay Rum. It is a sweet scented Bay Rum, pretty one dimensional but nice, despite that (or maybe because of that). No scent of clove at all.

15. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I'm now trying to recall Master's...there was something very potent in it that just put me off and never finished the bottle (that and the hellish burn).

16. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Master's ingredients: de-ionized water, sd alcohol 40, glycerin, bay oil, and coloring.

17. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Hm. I like some bay rums but I guess I don't like bay oil much.

18. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

Aqua Velva

19. ksb63

ksb63 Active Member

Pretty much any walmart or drug store aftershave. Old spice, aqua velva, clubman, veg, English leather stetson, brut. Know I forgot a bunch

20. ZackPomerleau

ZackPomerleau Active Member

That's like every aftershave! :D