SoS: November 26th, 2012 - December 2nd, 2012

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Nov 25, 2012.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Oh heavens, this is the last week of November - winter is almost here! HELPPP!!!

Let's show our shaving equipment and tell everyone how we did it. I'll start off by mentioning what's happening for:

Menthol Monday:

#6 Horsehair
    Super Speed/new Shark
    Italian Palmolive Menthol SC :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Diana Sport Menthol Balsam :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Barbon AS :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui EDT

This is one of my top Level A Freezing set-ups for Menthol Monday because the Palmolive has so much iciness to it, smells wonderful, lathers like a maniac, and is so soothing and protective to my skin. The Diana Sport balsam gives a freezing sensation which lasts for more than a half hour, and the Barbon aftershave is plenty frigid also, and does it ever smell nice! ;) :D

PAL001.jpg diana_balsam.jpg 2_h240.png

2. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

Happy Monday, all!

I started the new week off with what is becoming fast a very regular set-up:

Musgo Real pre-shave oil
    Calani Purissima shave soap
    Mühle Basic #2 shave brush, Silver Tip Fibre
    Cobra Classic SE
    Feather Professional (2. shave)
    Bloc Osma alum
    D.R. Harris Bay Rum after shave

This hard- & software combination is simply working very well for me! And the Feather blade on Day 2 is as efficient and smooth as on its first day. 1 pass on the cheeks and 2 passes on the neck resulted in a DFS+.

Wishing all of you a fantastic week ahead!

3. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

SOTD Monday 11-26-2012 (Early post due to earlet start tomorrow)

Merkur Travel Razor w/ Voskhod Teflon Blade
    Classic Shaving Bay Rum SS
    Semogue 1460 Boar
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Brut Original ASB
    English Leather Musk Cologne

Love this little travel razor I got from Obie. (It has an EJDE89 head so it's a custom in that sense but it just makes it a better shaving razor) I really miss my nice warm scuttle but its just a PITA to mess with one on the road. I have a long day and loooonger drive home after tomorrow but, at least I will start the day with a great shave.

Badger & Blade 2045.JPG

4. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Can't over stress the importance of shaving immediately after a hot shower, where you shampoo and condition those whiskers

Monday's Shave
    Hot Shower
    Arko Shave Stick-bowl lathered/Omega 10029 Baby-Pro
    1955 Schick Hydro-magic/Long's Drugs-rebranded Personna D2
    Old Spice Original AS + Old Spice Classique EdC

2 passes afforded me the finest of BBS's...Life is Good :happy108:

Have a Great Week Everyone!!!

5. jbund

jbund Well-Known Member

Well this morning I really figured out that I should NOT be trusted with sharp or dangerous objects so early in the day!

After a night where the wife couldn't sleep - so of course I shouldn't be allowed to sleep. It finally became 0245 and I could just get up and start my day. Well before bed last night I had decided to try a new package of blades, 7 AM Plus HI PLATINUM. I had put the blade in my Merkur HD and gone to bed happy in the knowledge that I was ready for the morning. Well with all the other interruptions to my sleep came the idea did I really want a new brand of blades in that razor for a first thy or should I change it to the go to EJ 89 or maybe just to be safe the Feather Popular!?!? Any way it was just too much trouble to get out of bed then and there to change the blade to another razor.

So to make a short story longer, at 0245 my usual wake up time I went ahead and used this NEW blade in the Merkur. I got out the Palmolive Menthol and the Proraso Pre/post shave and lathered up. Well Saturday and Sunday I had been very bad and not shaved either day so there was a nice buildup of stubble. The first thing I noticed was that the water wasn't coming out as hot as usual. So cool water plus menthol a fine wake up call. Then even with the cool water the Palmolive did give a very nice lather just very chilly. Then the attempt with the dreaded new blade. It did seem to pull just a little at first, but that was through almost three days of beard. The first WTG pass seemed to leave a bit more stubble, but it was all in all a gentle shave and the blade did sing a lovely song as it chopped the beard down. The second pass, XTG, still had a lovely song and the face felt much smoother. On the third pass the song was pretty much sung and even those pesky whiskers right up under my nose were gone. In the end a very fine shave near darn fine, with no irritation, NO BLOOD, not ever the hint of any. I used the Proraso shave balm for more menthol and Walgreen's Studio 25 Menthol AS.

Then the fun began. I went to put the top back on the Proraso shave balm bottle and for the life of me I couldn't get it on. (I am sure that you can already see where this is going.) So I just put it on top and put it aside. Then I went to put the top on the Palmolive tube and it would fit either. Growing more frustrated by the moment I believe that I may have said a few things that I understand that I can not repeat here. When that little voice said could just maybe you have the caps mixed up and sure enough reversing them as to which container they went to they each worked like a champ. So that all that was left to do was finish getting dressed and head out into the 35 F degree weather with my still mentholated face for the final wake up call.

fishcrow, MoAllen, lradke and 11 others like this.
  6. Llyr

Llyr Stay frosty, my friends!

Menthol Monday
    soak brush/Shavemac 167,2 band,d01,fan/DB Brush Scuttle
    hot shower
    Proraso PrePost Cream
    Mama Bear's Rosemary Mint Stick :love029::love029::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Merkur 39c "Da Hamma"/Shark Super Chrome (3)
    warm water rinse
    Monster Block Alum
    warm water rinse
    Thayer's Medicated Superhazel mixed with 3 drops M-Bomb :love029::love029::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Barbon splash mixed with a pea sized amount of 444:love029::love029::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:

A nice and frosty start to the week :D

7. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

Shave of the Day (SOTD) Merkur/Menthol Monday November 26, 2012
    [​IMG]
    Prep: Brush soaking in hot water, face washed with Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser, luke warm shower
    Razor: Merkur 500 Progress
    Blade: Personna Med Prep
    Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
    Cream: Proraso Menthol and Eucalyptus with added Menthol
    AS: Mennen Skin Bracer with added Menthol

The one thing I look forward to on Monday's is using my Progress. Shaves do not get much better than this, just effortless.

fishcrow, MoAllen, Llyr and 14 others like this.
  8. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

W&B
    Vintage Williams, self scented and mentholated
    22mm Grade A

Very nice shave this morning, I took a puck of vintage Williams and scented it with some eucalyptus and mentholated it last night, turned out good. The only problem is, the cat goes crazy over anything mint or menthol. I think he spent the night in the sink with the spoon I mixed it up with. Lol, I'll have to keep an eye on my brush. Have a good one.
    [​IMG]
    photo hosting sites

fishcrow, MoAllen, Llyr and 12 others like this.
  9. wknicholas

wknicholas Well-Known Member

Monday morning, November 26, 2012

Schick E2 Injector razor w/ Schick blade (6)
    Semogue 1305 boar bristle brush,
    TABAC with Proraso Uberlather,
    finish with cold water rinse for a DFS!

B P 7.JPG

fishcrow, MoAllen, Llyr and 10 others like this.
  10. dcc

dcc Well-Known Member

SOTD Monday 11-26-2012

Razor: Gillette Super Speed F2
    Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
    Brush: Omega 10077
    Cream: TopTen Sensitive [​IMG]
    ASB: Top Ten Sensitive

Top Ten Sensitive is not the cream with the strongest cooling effect,but enough for me,and give me a great shave with 3 passes (WTG,XTG,ATG) for near BBS!

fishcrow, Llyr, Norseman and 8 others like this.
  11. Weishi Warrior

Weishi Warrior Well-Known Member

Parker Pure with Faux Tortoise Handle
    J.M. Frasers Shaving Cream
    Muhle R89Grande
    Shark (2)
    3 passes
    Aramis After Shave Lotion

Near perfect shave! :happy093:

12. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

Merkur Vintage Slant
    Feather Blade
    Rudy Vey Vintage Restore-Fan shaped best badger
    Mama Bear's Iced Lilac (it is Menthol Monday, even if it's cold and dark at 5am)
    Master's Lilac Vegetol Splash
    EJ Sea Buckhorn Balm
    coffee-Papua New Guinea Sigri Estate AAA-BLACK!-
    tunes-Paul Simon
    -Sea Buckhorn and Lilac Vegetol are a nice match

13. burpsan

burpsan Well-Known Member

Monday (back to the grind ...)

Eucerin moisturizing cream
    warm/hot shower
    Omega 10083 Pro boar
    MWF
    Merkur 23c w/ Astra SP
    Cetaphil gentle cleanser
    cold water
    Master Bay Rum (body)

Pleasing two pass DFS! Tossing and turning all night = lack of quality sleep and an anxious awakening. This morning's shave helped me step back and settle in for the day. :happy088:

fishcrow, Llyr, Jamie Mahoney and 9 others like this.
  14. Jeltz

Jeltz Well-Known Member

Monday 26th
    Brush: Omega Boar
    Razor: Dovo Pirma
    Soap: Nanny's Ice & a Slice
    Post: Alum followed by Boots Freshwood balm/Azzaro PH mix
    [​IMG]

fishcrow, MoAllen, Llyr and 11 others like this.
  15. crackstar

Veli, I absolutely LOVE the Top Ten Sensitive cream. A beautiful scent, the lather is pleasure to work with, and I find it to be more cooling than even the Aspis and SuperMax creams you sent me. Not a lot cooler, just a little. I would say that every cream you sent me is 100% wonderful, and I love them all! :)

ChrisC1977, fishcrow, Llyr and 2 others like this.
  16. MikekiM

MikekiM Well-Known Member

Prep: Hot Shower
    Razor: iKon OSS
    Blade: Personna Red
    Cream: eShave
    Brush: Semogue 2010 LE
    Alum. Ice water rinse

eShave has served me well in the past, but it came up short and thin this time, so I completed only two passes. The OSS continues to make me smile.

fishcrow, MoAllen, Llyr and 9 others like this.
  17. Robert Voss

Robert Voss Well-Known Member

Prep: Hot washcloth
    Crown Razor Co
    Col. Conk Lime
    Boars Hair Brush
    Alloy aftershave creme
    A good Monday night Shave :D

11-26-12.jpg

18. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Monday
    Gillette FatBoy
    Voskhod
    Simpsons Chubby CH1
    Palmolive Menthol
    Floid Blue

19. crackstar

Isn't that Palmolive Menthol a freezing treasure? :D

Llyr and jbund like this.
  20. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Absolutely. Love it!!

Llyr and crackstar like this.