Connaught Shaving

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by Sailinblues, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Sailinblues

Sailinblues Well-Known Member

Connaught Shaving

They have a good selection, it seems he's adding new items weekly; competitive prices (more than competitive on some great English products!!) and excellent customer service. Overseas shipping was fast and very reasonable. Anyone hesitant about dealing with a vendor "across the pond" need not worry. The proprietor, Paul is a member here: "suffolksupplies" and his great reputation is well deserved.

2. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

Paul is great. Whenever I contact him, his response is quick and professional. They promptly ships packages in secure packaging. I've never anything close to an issue with my transactions. I like the fact that the shipping cost is fair. Some places in Europe use a flat rate and it's usually grossly overpriced.

The only thing is that they don't have some of the finer UK shaving lines: GFT, Castle Forbes, and DR Harris shaving cream. That doesn't affect the ordering experience for the items they do have but it is a little disappointing because Harris shaving cream is my favorite. :love029

3. MerkurMagic

MerkurMagic New Member

Yeah I always have a look at Connaught web site before I make any purchase.

Excellent service from Paul.

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Can't go wrong placing an order with Paul!

Great customer service!

Speeeedy delivery!

I'm thinking Paul is Santa. :happy102
    Yes, he's that quick. :happy096

5. dmikel

dmikel New Member

I know it's boring but I say the same. Great prices, instant shipping, great communication, good products. What more could one ask for?

6. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Quality products, great prices and super fast shipping to the USA.
    Paul does it all!

7. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

I have use Paul a couple of times now. His customer service is top notch and he goes out of his way to accomodate. His prices are very competetive, I haven't found feathers cheaper yet. I will definately be a return customer.

8. brothers

brothers Active Member

It's true, not just hype, Connaught excels in all areas.

Not to just go along with the crowd, but to tell it like it is. The owner, Paul, takes an active interest in his customers. Over the past several months, his variety of products offered has continued to expand. I've purchased a razor, blades, soap, and creams from Connaught. Now I'm looking at a Schwarzweisskeramik scuttle, maybe. The reason is that if something should go wrong, I am assured that Paul will make it right every time. His prices and shipping are very fair. As someone else has stated, when I am ready to make a purchase, I check Connaught first, because he takes care of his business and customers. I also recommend Connaught whenever I can, without hesitation.

9. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I made only trade with Paul, but I can say he is very, very generous, and EXTREMELY fast to deliver.

10. Paul_D

Paul_D Member

Comprehensive range of shaving goods

For those of us living on this side of the pond, Connaught is a godsend. There is not much that Paul does not stock and he is always helpful and prompt with e-mail enquiries.

11. TiberiuR

TiberiuR Member

Just Great!

This is my favourite site for shaving goods. The range of products is great!
    Nearly all the good stuff that are mentioned on this forum, can be bought from there.

The prices are very hard to beat! I think it has the best prices!
    The sample pack of blades is THE BEST!

You get allot for the money. And nearly all the razors have a pack of blades included. Nice touch :happy088

Delivery is fast, with all the things intact and original box. The delivery isn't expensive. This is particularly important if you are form Europe. I wouldn't pay 20+ E for delivery from the US. No way! You can get your package delivered for at least as 4E!! Beat that!

I gave 9 to the site, because it isn't as good looking as the others. But that doesn't really count.

The service is great!
    My favourite dealer, and I've ordered from Paul 4 times so far.

12. Grick

Grick Active Member

But why do they not deliver alcohol-based products outside the UK anymore?

13. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

They do...or they did a few months ago. As far as I know they didn't deliver alcohol based goods to Canada or Japan. I believe it most likely has to do with import laws or liability, because some uk based sites will...others do but they don't broadcast it...or they wont.

14. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

They've had too many shipments seized in countries that still have archaic import laws that don't distinguish between a bottle of vodka and aftershave. It's to protect them from the 3 outcomes they could end up with:
    -Having to re-ship an order and hope it gets there.
    -Having to refund an order.
    -Having to tell a customer "too bad, so sad but you knew the risks"

crackstar and GDCarrington like this.
  15. brothers

brothers Active Member

It's not a decision that was made by the vendor. It applies to all postal shipments outside the UK. It's a new postal regulation in the UK that went into effect around the first week in January.:angry017:

GDCarrington likes this.
  16. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

Yep, no more aftershaves from the UK! They now can only ship alcohol products within the UK.

17. KLF

KLF Doctorin

Including private persons who send a package? I planned to buy 2 aftershave from this site in December but decided to wait until January to make the order. When finally I went back to order, it turns out it's impossible now. Argh....!

18. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Private persons or business doesn't matter. Seems to be everything altogether.

19. Grick

Grick Active Member

Why would anybody not allow the shipment of alcohol-based products within the EU? Why do other sites not say anything about this new restriction?

20. Grick

Grick Active Member

But within the EU it should pose no problem as there are no customs anymore.