New Swedish Gillette Blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Will, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Will

Will Nevermind

John at westcoastshaving.com

Has posted that the Swedish Gillette blade that we all know and love (well some of us) are now labeled Proctor and Gamble UK.

Well the the blades are the same, I got some today, shaved with them and just like the IP switch to Crystals the UK and Swedish Gillette are the same.

Same blade, same packaging, just a UK supplier now.

The sky is not falling. If you are a Swedish Gillette user go ahead and buy with confidence.

Your Mileage WILL NOT Vary. :D

2. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Thanks Doc, for the good news ::

U make a good guinea pig :rofl

3. Will

Will Nevermind

Got any new shaving oil to try? Been awhile since my last "Outbreak". :rofl

4. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Yeah, I'll give u some oil [​IMG]

5. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

I've never been big on the Swedish Gillettes; perhaps because of the price. You know those AT&T commercials? Well my FeatherCrystaDorby Extras work just fine!:p

6. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Have you tried an Astra Superior Platinum?

7. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

I have a pack in my remaining R&B sampler pack. I've been wary of using it because I get such great shaves already with the FeatherCrystaDorby Extras. Besides, out of the unknown brands I've tried, Dorcos made the rotation and Treets were booed out of the bathroom in ignominy. This would be the third new blade. I'll try to muster the courage to use it for the next shave..

8. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

It was my favorite blade (beating out the Derby by a longshot)........

But the shave I had tonight with the Feather AC-N....... ::

9. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

Alright. I'll give the Astras a go. Now, just try repeating that Feather shave. That's the hard part!

10. gagarin

gagarin New Member

Joe,

Have you tried the Treet Platinum's? The Red IP's are my favorite, but I thought the Treets were the best of the R & B sampler pack.

Chuck

11. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Hey Chuck, yes I have indeed tried the Treet Platinum....and found them to be an excellent blade. I tried those "first" and began immediately getting great shaves and declared them better than a Derby.

I also quite enjoy some of the other Treets, such as the "Mottern Man" Blade (Blue Special), and the Dura Sharp (carbon)

But, the Astra Superior Platinums blew everything out of the water ;)

Outside of Treet......I found the Wilkinson Economie an excellent blade as well.

12. alfabet

alfabet New Member

Astra

I have one of the Astra's from the sample pack in one of my razors and I am duly impressed. However, I also have a Dorco in another and that is close on to the Feather.

Well, maybe not quite but it sure is long lasting!

Andy K

13. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

The only one I recommened peope stay away from are the Russian Gillettes. OR should I say Proctor and Gamble's these days.

14. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

jWhere could I get some of these? I can't find them on eBay. Those Treets also. Links please...

15. Will

Will Nevermind

16. Do you mean all blades made by P&G in Russia or just those Gillette Inoxydable?

I like the Keramik, not so much the superior & have yet to try the stainless or sputnik.

Paul