Parker 22R

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by crackstar, Feb 11, 2007.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

This is a razor that IMHO every beginning wetshaver should have. It's so easy to use, and so forgiving. This razor, loaded with a Sharp blade, and you'll get a shave fit for a king. This razor will give a beginner confidence, stability and a natural technique.

Jeff

2. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Parker R22

A Photo for those that dont know the model.

Attached Files:

3. Las Medusas

Las Medusas New Member

Here, Here! I mean Hear, hear! oopps.

4. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

Its a very nice razor.. It shaves well and Boy does it look COOL!!

5. crackstar

it's a gorgeous razor. Lots of class, and handsomely presented.

Jeff

6. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

7. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

8. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Thank You! I swear, the corporate lawyers sucked my brain pan dry today.

9. crackstar

Yukio, a cause de ma vue, le Parker est parfait pour moi. Dieu merci que j'ai un rasoir comme ca. Les lames Sharp me conviennent aussi magnifiquement. ;)

Jeff

10. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

Don't have that one....but I do like Parker Razors.

I have the following models:
    001: Really heavy open comb. I bought it shortly after I started wetshaving and butchered myself. Now having improved my technique...I can get a really BBS shave. As I have started using open combs more....I really must use this one more often.

model 84. A really cool looking 3 piece. The razor is quite aggressive

90R This is a heavier version of the 22R.

96R. This is a black handled razor and looks as good as it shaves:D

11. PottyDoctor

PottyDoctor Jeff Foxworthy of Shaving

It seems there are so many different models. I can never seem to find a good online 'catalog' or 'product info' site listing details and pics of each razor. Am I overlooking something? Or is it really true that folks over 50 shouldn't be allowed near a computer? :confused:

12. SSLSTudio...

No No PD, that aint true 50 U youngster ! yes its hard to find info on them because there is none.
    there were over 100 Parker models mind you ! but most of them have now stopped . there are a few models left over in production.

Well we cant have that PD not a site where info can be found for these. so I'll do a special on the Parkers here at TSD start a Thread for all Parkers. just a general thing like which ones are TTO or Fixed Head, weight of each razor etc..etc. I will refrain from commenting on shave quality as a re-seller I dont think I should cross that line I'll leave comments about shaving to others ?

Anything you'd like to have on this special I'll be doing for the Parkers , like Handle lenght ? what are you looking for as in info for these razors besides the pics The pictures I already have so whats next ?

13. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

I will also do some reviews on the models I own.May take a while to gather the info....so I will see what Rene comes up with first!

14. PottyDoctor

PottyDoctor Jeff Foxworthy of Shaving

A Parker Info thread! What a great idea!

Pics, along with statistics such as weight, handle length, finish, etc. would be great for starters.

Then maybe members can add comments and performance reviews.

Thanks!

15. Kingpepper

Kingpepper Active Member

Glad I will be 51 in 5 Months:D

I re-started de shaving with a Parker 96R. Nice razor. May use it again in the near future. But I must use my "new" 55 SS red tip again.

Paul

16. Steve

Steve New Member

Where are the Parker razors manufactured? Someone mentioned that the
    90R is a heavier version of the 22R. Do they weigh as much as say a Mekur HD? Do they provide as close a shave as the Merkur HD?

Thanks,
    Steve

17. Labarum

Labarum New Member

18. Will

Will Nevermind

I think Rene has a few up for grabs here.

Send him a PM, he should give you a fair deal (if he dosen't let me know, ill bust his chops :rofl ).

19. SSLSTudio...

I still have a few models left so it really depends what your looking for.
    90R is a model all by itself has nothing to do with 22R thats a different model.

The Parkers come from India.

20. Steve

Steve New Member

Rene,

Does a 90R have a longer handle? Is it a heavy razor like a Mekur HD? Do you have a website where you sell these razors? How much is a 90R? I have seen some websites refer to these as being great for beginners but what about us seasoned wet shavers? I like an aggressive razor that shaves close.

Steve