mustache

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by haydn, Apr 13, 2013.

1. haydn

haydn New Member

hi im 17 i got a mustache ( i can grow a beard ) should i grow it or shave i have want a mustache but i worry about what other will say

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

First, welcome to the den.
    Second, if you're worried about what others may say, don't grow a mustache. I have a pretty decent size handlebar 'stache because it's what I want, not because of what others may say, good or bad.

178-bplatoon, Slipperyjoe and BigT like this.
  3. Barrylu

Barrylu Well-Known Member

Depends are you a 17 year old boy or girl?

4. Raven312

Raven312 Well-Known Member

The great thing is, you have options. A mustache is as temporary as we want it to be. You want one - grow it. If you are happy with the way it looks, keep it. If not, shave it. I wouldn't worry too much about what others think but I realize that at your age you will. Try it and let us know how you like it.

haydn likes this.
  5. Raven312

Raven312 Well-Known Member

He's a guy, from the pic (he's the one holding the camera and gave the girl front and center...)

haydn likes this.
  6. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

At that age if you can grow the stache then by all means do so, as it will make the other fellas jealous, even if they won't admit it.

Erik Redd likes this.
  7. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

:signs011:

8. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

:signs011:
    I'm 55, and I can't grow a mustache or beard that doesn't look like crap. I wish I had your problem. :)

9. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Me and swardencat totally agree..
    SWARDENCAT23.png

10. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I agree with the other folks here. The questions to ask yourself are ; a)do you like the way it looks? b)is it physically comfortable for you? It's your face so your opinion matters, not everyone else's.

11. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

When I got out of high school I grew a beard and kept it on and off till I started what wound up being my career, at which time I HAD to shave my beard off. OHH the horror :scared001:!! In all that time(30+years) the realestate under my nose has never seen the "light of day"....:) Grow it if your able and it's allowed in your school/work...Be warned however you can get quite attached to it....:happy097:

12. haydn

haydn New Member

thank you guys

13. jabberwock

jabberwock Well-Known Member

Don't worry about what other folks think.