Carts don't have to be expensive

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by HoosierTrooper, May 12, 2013.

1. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

With a little digging sometimes bargains show up. I've used these before with great results, so 67 for $4 was too good to pass up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

You certainly find better stuff at the Goodwill store than I do. The Goodwill store near me doesn't ever have any shaving gear.

Leo K. likes this.
  3. GlennConti

GlennConti Well-Known Member

How are these working out for you Tom?

4. HoosierTrooper

I haven't used any of these particular ones, but have used a lot of the CVS carts in the past. I like them a lot.

5. HoosierTrooper

Some more thrift store finds today. Twenty Trac II carts for $2, eight Mach 3's for $1, twenty WS DE blades for $1 and four Schick Hydro 3's for $1. I am especially stoked about the Trac II's.

[​IMG]

srpavko and ohpaos like this.
  6. GlennConti

GlennConti Well-Known Member

Great get. You should be pretty well stocked up for a while. :)

7. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

HT, you are the unequivocal thrift-shop blade ninja. The one time I found a pile of Schick Super IIs, the price worked out to 50 cents per cart :(. And I've never found injector cartridges that actually contained blades :p

8. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

Nice finds! I've found 10 generic twin-blade carts that work in an Atra handle for $2.00 at the local Family Dollar store the other day and gave them a spin. They work pretty well, not as good as a DE or a straight, but they'll be great for those days when I'm in a hurry or lazy :)

9. Are we even allowed to talk about cartridges here? ;)

10. HoosierTrooper

Well, this the cartridge razor sub-forum, so I'd say the answer is yes.

srpavko and Leo K. like this.
  11. Yeah I assumed so but I'm becoming a bit of a DE/SE snob.
    Sorry 'bout that.

12. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

No worries, every buddy has a place here :)

13. HoosierTrooper

I'm a hardcore SE snob, but I also think there are some very good cartridge systems available.

14. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

I usuall
    Don't worry about it! I usually use a DE or a straight, but have nothing against carts (thought the Mach3 carts are WAY overpriced). I started using a DE because the carts were too expensive, and I couldn't find my Atra handle (I did get my dad's after he died though) so the cheaper carts that I could get for it were not an option. Cartridge razors are great for travel, or when I'm just in too big of a hurry to take the time to use a DE or a straight.

15. Yeah the price of carts is what drove me to DE/SE as well though I must say I get better shaves with DE/SE razors.
    Could be the slower pace and greater attention to technique though.
    I certainly enjoy the shave now... almost like "me" time.