What scents do you like?

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Queen of Blades, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Hayter

Hayter Active Member

The smell of a freshly poured hoppy IPA , dew early in the morning, Double Apple hookah, washed laundry, pumpkin pie anything!

2. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Herbs: thyme, rosemary, organo
    Onions, fresh form the ground
    Brown Swedish tar
    roses
    sigars (before they are being lit)
    cooking (but that might be because SWMBO is a great cook! ;))
    Silly: the hair of my children when they were babies!

tuxxdk and Lexicon Devil like this.
  3. Gnomechompski

Gnomechompski New Member

For me, I always liked vanilla! God I love the sweet smell of vanilla. Lime and agrumes are really nice to me too.

Recently I got an almond smelling soap (col conk). I really dig the subtle smell of it!

4. Jen

Jen New Member

It is interesting to see what others like the scent of! This is weird...but I love the smell of firing a gun! Mmmmmm...carbon, lol! Also, cherry blossoms, cooking celery, baking banana bread or apple pie, certain cigars, clothes fresh from the dryer or off the clothes line, baby shampoo, liliacs and coffee!

youngunn likes this.
  5. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

I always like the smell of wet gun dogs on the hunt in the morning; burnt gunpowder seems to burn your nose a little. And then there is always burnt howitzer gun powder that goes into the cannister in bags,,,,think gunpowder fog.:transport024:

6. 13Fdaddy

13Fdaddy Member

Frankincense and myrrh has become a favorite of mine as of recent but still the smell of a spicy redwood / cedar campfire would be amazing

Leather is another one of mine that reminds me of growing up back home on the farm

The desert after it rains, smells so clean to me

7. 13Fdaddy

13Fdaddy Member

Mmmmmmmm I miss the smell of arty tubes lol

8. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

I like Rose + Sandalwoods scents a lot.

maybe i will order another soap from JoAnna...with Sandalwood scent.Would you prefer the soap or the wheat cream for it? Should be awesome both,but has anyone of you a comparison of these both?

:)

9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

As a guy who prefers creams, and he'll tell you to get the wheat cream.
    Ask me, a guy who prefers soaps, and I'll tell you to get the soap. (and, yes, I have tried JoAnna's wheat cream and I do keep it in the rotation)

Bottom line - get what you want. Both are good and you won't be disappointed. JoAnna's sandalwood is very nice.

10. FacialCarnage

FacialCarnage Well-Known Member

The scents I like seem to change weekly, but right now I really enjoy Clubman and the light citrus smell from lucky tiger.

11. jabberwock

jabberwock Well-Known Member

Cucumber and Mellon is one that has suddenly popped up on my radar. Apparently it's a fairly common scent, but I had never encountered it before getting a Cucumber Mellon soap from Pyrate Cove. I love the scent, it is nice and fresh and sweet without being too sweet or too fruit like...which is odd because I hate cucumbers.

12. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

The smell of the woods, smell of good leather, the smell of my wife's perfume from when we were dating - clinique happy heart, Yves saint Laurent pour homme cologne. Also the smell of spent gun powder is great. Coconut too.

BigT likes this.
  13. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

Not silly at all my friend. There is no more wonderful scent.

HolyRollah and macaronus like this.
  14. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Right!

15. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Step outside at first light, when it rained the night before. That scent, right there.

Other favorites include jasmine and other white flowers, and tarragon.

ChiefShaver and tuxxdk like this.
  16. Raven312

Raven312 Well-Known Member

Thyme, Ugandan Vanilla (smells like rich chocolate and vanilla mixed...), saffron.

ChiefShaver likes this.
  17. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

I love the smell of fresh rain from the night before too.Thats fantastic.But what i also love is the smell of fresh cutted gras...i would go miles for this scent...:)

Or the smell after a heavy summer rain with thunder and lightning...maybe to see a rainbow after it.And i love the smell of fresh roasted coffee in the morning.It's a very fine wake up call :) When you lay in your bed and suddenly the smell of coffee comes through your nose...NOTHING can beat that for me.

18. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

In no particular order:

• vanilla
    • Apple pie (just baked)
    • Cedar
    • Coffee & bacon in the morning
    • Honeysuckle/jasmine in bloom
    • Orange blossom
    • Chocolate-chip cookies baking
    • Coconut, shredded, not the intact fruit
    • fresh-cut lumber
    • New car interior
    • Hickory/Applewood smoke (=BBQ)
    • Pine trees in the mountains
    • Tanned leather
    • An infant's head (particularly my own kids)

19. Frank C.

Frank C. Active Member

Creme Brullee, Maple&Bacon,

20. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I do enjoy the sandalwood scent— I find it earthy, woodsy, manly :) , BUT my wife absolutely hates it! Needless to say, there's no sandalwood in my shave kit...

BigT likes this.