Are There Any Shaving Soaps You Could Use Everyday?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Weishi Warrior, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

That makes perfect sense and I agree completely. There are literally hundreds of shaving soaps from which to choose. If one does not work out as a shave soap, then it can be used as a bath soap instead. There will still be a large number of great soaps available.

2. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Do you make your own soap? You certainly seem to have the right frame of mind to do a good job of it.

3. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

Thanks, Shaver X! I do make Castile bath soap & basic body items (deodorant, moisturiser) for family with sensative skin. Nothing fancy or with fragrance oils. I couldn't really contribute anything novel to the shaving soap world, but I like playing with natural ingredients.

Cutting into a block of handmade soap is strangely thrilling. If you ever go to Farmer's Markets or Crafts fairs, look for the soapmakers. Some sell little bricks or loaves of soap & you can cut your own pieces. :)

4. Jason1977

Jason1977 Active Member

Ich glaube Ich habe viele Seife. Das stimmt. Cathy hat shone Seife~!

5. CJames

CJames Well-Known Member

Started off with the creams, but have really been digging the soaps lately, much more than the creams.

1. MWF
    2. Tabac
    3. D.R. Harris Lavendar

I could certainly use any of these daily, especially the top two! The MWF paired with Lucky Tiger AS Lotion is my fave!

HolyRollah and Ryan B like this.
  6. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I used Edge gel for years. I feel certain there are dozens of good soaps I could live with :)

Raven312 likes this.
  7. CJames

CJames Well-Known Member

Yep...Spoiled! I hear ya.

8. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

I only have very few soaps/creams in my rotation, ARKO, VDH, The Real Shaving Company, Williams and Kiss My Face. The only one I wouldn't want to use everyday would be Williams.

9. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Proraso sensitive, Omega

10. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I used to switch back & forth between soap & cream; now I'm trying combinations of the two.
    CJ, your list looks quite a bit like mine: MWF, Tabac, DR Harris Marlborough ( I have the DR Lav cream), plus Provence Sante Green Tea and a half-dozen great-smelling soap samples from Mike's Natural Soaps.

[​IMG]

11. jabberwock

jabberwock Well-Known Member

Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes, and Peppercorns and maybe L'Occitane Cade. If it were menthol free I could use Proraso White every day too.

12. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

I have not tried that many soap Tabac is on my to do list still!!!

But Palmolive shave stick I could use every day (If your counting that as a soap????)

Kent (same as MWF) I could use that every day, even though its only just in my rotation.

Vintage Old spice (not much scent left in my puck But give a great shave every time)

13. kingfisher

kingfisher Active Member

Nope.

Plenty of soaps that would WORK perfectly well if used every day, but I like variety way too much. This morning I used RR Boston Tea Party and I have used it 4 of the last 5 days. That is the most I have stuck with one soap pretty much ever. Normally I use a different soap every day (but I only have 4 or 5 in the rotation).

14. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

mdc or harris arlington, or mikes orange ...any one of those i'd be happy with.

since i have all three...i'm always happy.

15. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

Been using my tub of Red Proraso almost exclusively. Great preforming soap for me and it smells fantastic. I think it counts as a soap even though its more of a croap.

16. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I've mostly gone to creams lately. Maybe 'cuz I'm getting a little lazy as the creams seem to lather so much easier for me.

Having said all that, if I were limited to one soap it would be soap by MUNDUS. A wonderful soap that I got off Etsy. Jennifer makes a great tallow/lanolin soap. Works as good as anything I've tried to date.

17. rweb82

rweb82 Active Member

Proraso Green. Lathers great, feels great, and doesn't break the bank.

18. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I'm adding Proraso white, the Palmolive stick, and Tabac to the list as well.

19. rweb82

rweb82 Active Member

Does anyone have a good sandalwood they would recommend?

20. jabberwock

jabberwock Well-Known Member