Your favorite brush to look at

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Jasman, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Nope, but fortunately that opens up less yelling if I buy some vintage brushes or plain Simpson brushes, because they don't cost as much as Plissons ;)

2. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

What's a "plain" Simpson brush? ;)

3. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Nothing from the super fancy Limited Edition area of the Simpsons site ;) Like the gorgeous butterscotch or manchurian badgers ;)

4. jabberwock

jabberwock Well-Known Member

These Edwin Jagger brushes are simply amazing.

[​IMG]
    uploadfromtaptalk1373175350464.jpg

Attached Files:

BamaT likes this.
  5. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

6. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

7. Barrylu

Barrylu Well-Known Member

Yes it is a marvelous brush. I strongly recommend buying one. The Manchurian badger is the best feeling and lathering brush I have ever used. I think there are only 12 left. It is an LE and once the 12 are gone that's it. I am such a fan, now, of Manchurian Badger that I am expecting a Simpson Emperor 3 LE in Manchurian Badger this week. The QEII is great for face lathering. I ordered the Emperor for bowl lathering. Seal the deal. You won't be sorry.

JRod22 likes this.
  8. Dave Paskowski

Dave Paskowski Active Member

[​IMG]
    My first brush when I get it.

9. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

When I hit the lottery.

10. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

So far, my favorite is my Sassy Badger. Jeff has reknotted many a brush for me but this is my favorite. I love my pro boar, love my greenie, but this coral handle badger is just it for me.

Of course, he just knotted a synthetic with a pink handle .... AND I got a jeweled pink handled badger for my birthday last year .. This guy sure does know where to hit all the buttons!

Wonder what's coming for my birthday this year!

11. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

My Simpson brushes...hands down!
    uploadfromtaptalk1373284003923.jpg

12. Barrylu

That looks like 2 Colonels one in Best and the other in Manchurian. How do they compare?

13. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

The best badger has excellent backbone and feels like silk on the face. The Manchurian has more backbone than the best badger, yet it feels even softer when being used. I don't understand how its possible...but that's how it is.

They both can lather anything too. The hardest soap I have to lather is my MWF, and both can do it no problem.

The Manchurian Colonel is my favorite brush by a long shot. I find it to be the perfect face lathering brush too!

14. SKrotee

SKrotee Member

Attached Files:

15. Barrylu

It's amazing but that's exactly like my Rover in Best Badger as compared to my QEII in Manchurian.

16. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Nothing delicate or ornate about this WD silvertip.
    Just a burly brush & black resin handle that feels good in the hand & great on the face.

[​IMG]

Keithmax and alpla444 like this.
  17. Barrylu

I guess this has to be the one for looking at. It just arrived and hasn't been near the water yet. Think I will just look at it for a few days.
    Emperor 3 001.JPG Emperor 3 001.JPG

Attached Files:

JRod22 likes this.
  18. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

OH MY GOD!

19. Westaway

Westaway New Member

Kent BK8 in full bloom.......

20. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I know, the brush isn't the centerpiece of this photo, but my NOS Ralph Lauren/Rooney finest was my unicorn for almost a decade. I still think it was one of the finest looking brushes ever made.
    [​IMG]

jabberwock likes this.