Simpson Tulip 2

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Bronco, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Out of the box.
    [vbpg]975[/vbpg]
    In bloom.
    [vbpg]976[/vbpg]

Seems like I've wanted one of these for ever. Something about the shape of the handle, the bullseye on the handle end, the "look" that's what appealed to me. When Lee told me he was getting some in, I went for it.
    I was not disappointed. The badger was every bit as soft as my BK4 but different. It didn't flay out when whipping up a lather, it gave me the most creamy lather I've ever had. I've used it with a couple of soaps now, a triple milled and The Shave Den orange, what a lather! The lather actually came up quicker than with my Rooney. Very soft on the face but moves the lather around faultlessly. I'll give it a shot with a cream shortly but I'm sure it will be fine. I'll give it a few more days before I post a review..or maybe...I just did. I no longer have to :drool but am :D A side note, the Simpson Tulip 2 weighs in at 61.8g, the Rooney style 3 size 1 at 56.6g and the Kent BK4 at 54.2g.

2. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Sounds great,

Looks great ::

Thanks for the pics, Steve :happy088

3. Padron

Padron Active Member

Lovely brush Steve, thanks for the information...I too have been wanting to try one for some time..:drool :drool

Looks very nice, Congrats!!

Did you seal the decal with some clear nail polish?, you may want to if you wish to keep it intact ;)

4. rexj

rexj New Member

You are an evil man, that's all I need is another brush. Oh well. I don't need food this week.

5. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Nice. Very nice.

6. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Looks like another fine looking brush from Simpson. One day.. one day I shall have one too! :D

7. TorzJohnson

TorzJohnson Member

Your pictures are making me :drool - I just ordered a Tulip 3 from Em's place, and it's killing me to wait for it. :whacky011

8. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

Tulip 2. Tulip 2. It has a nice ring to it. :D

9. Padron

Padron Active Member

I hear that....it is a very nice looking brush :drool

10. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Jim, I understand the "wait" part. The Tulip 2 is the only brush I'm using now. Be sure to let us know how you like it.

11. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Yeth it do, and a nice feel to the face. :D

12. TorzJohnson

TorzJohnson Member

The wait for it to be delivered is only half of it... It's a Christmas present, so I actually have to wait a month before I can use it. (But of course I'll have to take it out "just to make sure it's not broken" when it arrives :D)

13. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Who's gonna know if it's been used? It doesn't bloom much - and even if it did, who's gonna know?! Go for it!! :cool:

14. TorzJohnson

TorzJohnson Member

I like the way you think... :cool:

15. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Beats me, Honey! It CAME this way!! :rofl

16. MaxP

MaxP Member

I'm looking forward to your comments on how it does with creams.

17. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Works fine with the creams. So far I've used it with C & E, TOBS and C.O. Bigelow. Some might prefer a taller brush (more loft) for creams but this one works just about like the Kent BK4.

18. jfrancisco

jfrancisco New Member

Nice looking brush! I ordered one a while back and the wait is killing me :sick013 From the looks of your brush though, it looks like it will be well worth it. I hope mine comes before I leave town for the holidays.

Is this one of Lee's special order brushes he was having made or a stock T2?

19. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

He didn't say, he told me he was getting some in, and not to dilly-dally about paying. :D I think that group is gone! It is a 3 band, I understand that some are 2 banded. Gees! I love this brush! :cool: I hope that yours arrives soon and that you enjoy the experience.

Best,