What are you eating and/or drinking today?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by MTgrayling, Feb 2, 2009.

1. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

106°F here yesterday :eek: , so we had a very late dinner outside on the patio. Thai-marinated chicken breast & corn-on-the-cob on the grill with a nice Caesar salad.

The home-made beef bologna came out great (7-8 hours in the smoker), so I sliced some up this morning and had bologna 'steaks' with breakfast!
    [​IMG]

Ryan B, Shawna, alpla444 and 3 others like this.
  2. Double Edge Dougy

Double Edge Dougy Well-Known Member

Nickel and nickel wine and a kind of bachelor sandwich consisting of ham, cheese and mustard o and potato chips...lol its all i gots today

alpla444 likes this.
  3. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

After a very busy Sunday at work, I come home whipped. But it sure is nice to come home and be surprised with something spectacular for dinner!!
    My lovely wife put together quite a spread for Sunday dinner: Basque paella, crusty bread and a lovely red wine. Sure, I consider myself blessed! :)

I told her it looked so great, I have to photograph it (after 30 years, she knows my quirks & remains unfazed).
    Artichokes, saffron, mushroom, spanish ham & basque chorizo & even some whitefish...wow.:drool:
    [​IMG]

Ryan B, alpla444, richgem and 2 others like this.
  4. Double Edge Dougy

Hollyrollah if you opened up an restaurant id be there opening night

alpla444 likes this.
  5. GlennConti

GlennConti Well-Known Member

I've been on a diet for the last few months. So no fun from food for me. I am almost a vegetarian recently. I do enjoy a Margarita (frozen or other wise) or Corona on a regular basis. Ribs are nice every once in a while as a treat.

barbecue-ribs-1.jpg

6. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

So Glenn, is there a timeframe for the diet (date circled on the calendar?), or are you sticking to it until you 'feel' you've hit the mark?
    Summer is BBQ weather, so meatless diets can be all the more difficult for the next few months....:angry017:

alpla444 likes this.
  7. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

I highly recommend you check out Mexican beers which aren't terrible :p, such as Dos Equis and Modelo, especially Negra Modelo.

Erik Redd and HolyRollah like this.
  8. Double Edge Dougy

Modelo is the same company as corona

9. GlennConti

I'm working on a target weight. I've done pretty well so far. But it's the last few pounds until I can get back to my "fighting" weight. Would do better if I gave up the alcohol too for the diet but that isn't going to happen. You've got to have some fun. :)

10. GlennConti

Some people like Corona. But this beer list is dubious because Miller Lite is number one. :happy068:

11. DavidBondy

DavidBondy New Member

Nothing! Just coffee and water for 24hr. Part of my 5+2 diet.

David

12. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

hot as hell, so today I'm mostly just drinking home made cold elderflower juice (love this stuff more than anything storebought)

13. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Cold pasta salad with homemade pesto sauce.

14. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Drinking unsweetened tea. I'm making broccoli and cheese pot pies.

15. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

[​IMG]

They had a sample station at Spec's with this barrel aged tequila - Izkali.

It was incredibly smooth, I now enjoy sippin a couple of ounces in the evening before bedtime, it's too good to put in a mixed drink or margarita.

16. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Keepin' it simple for lunch - a grilled cheese sandwich and a cold IBC.

17. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Peaches, peaches...and more peaches.
    Since our one peach tree has an incredible abundance this year, my wife & I are scrambling to utilize the fruit in every possible way.
    Tarts, cobblers, jams & marmalades, sliced & dried, fruit leather, canned, and even pickled in brandy! :)

So, yes, I am having peaches on some way, shape or form today!

18. richgem

Have you tried grilled peach slices? They'll go nicely with a steak. You'll want them "just" ripe or slightly under. The peaches, that is.

HolyRollah likes this.
  19. richgem

As for me...

eating: an oatmeal cookie (not even homemade :( )
    drinking: not nearly enough since it's the first day back to work after vacation.

20. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I'm supposed to have a friend come over today... but if he flakes out on me, I will still fire up the grill and have some bacon, chedder, and jalape~no brats. It's good hangover food.