Pinaud Clubman varieties...

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Justin Linker, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Shellbriar

Shellbriar Member

Special Reserve! Except around Christmas and then the Bay Rum fits in perfectly.

2. LifesShort

LifesShort Well-Known Member

The only one I can get locally is the original, but I love it. It is my favorite after-shave. I wish I could get the others locally. I like to smell it before I buy it. Even as inexpensive as it is, I hate to buy something only to find out that I don't like the scent once I get it.

Richard Jackson likes this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    That makes cents...

LifesShort likes this.
  4. offroad64

offroad64 a shoulder to cry on

Here is a thought buy it, don't like it. I'm sure there are plenty of great people that would make you an offer on what you don't want:eatdrink047:

LifesShort likes this.
  5. LifesShort

That's a great idea! Thanks!

6. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

LifesShort likes this.
  7. LifesShort

Thanks for that link. They're not that far from me. I'll have to drop by the next time I'm up that way.

8. Mr. Oldschool

Mr. Oldschool Johnny Dangerously

So far I've only tried the regular scent, which I like, although I think it is a very unusual scent. Feels nice on the face too. I have a bottle of VIBR coming, so I can update a little later.

Paul Turner likes this.
  9. Heloguy

Heloguy Well-Known Member

I just picked up another bottle of Vanilla. Love that stuff!

Richard Jackson and GeneRector like this.
  10. Mr. Oldschool

Mr. Oldschool Johnny Dangerously

I just got my bottle of Bay Rum, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I would bathe in it if I could get away with it, but I don't want the alcohol burn in some places...

11. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

I like the Special Reserve the best. It smells like the incense used at Catholic Mass, reminds me of Easter or Christmas.

12. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

As a norseman, Clubman is hard to come by.
    I have a bottle of the original. Not quite my cup of tea.
    I also have a sample of the vanilla version, and thats pretty darn good.
    I am therefore curious about the other Clubman varieties. So if anybody know of a sample pack of Clubman, please dropp me a line :)

13. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

It is a proven fact that the Special Reserve will raise both your testosterone level AND your IQ by several points. Furthermore, Lime Sec induces a newfound maturity and sophistication to your character. The Vanilla will confirm you as an appealing, warm and witty personality. Avoid Lilac Vegetal at all costs, as it reverses the effects of all of the above...

barbersurgeon, DLreno and otherstar like this.
  14. Richard Jackson

Richard Jackson Well-Known Member

I love them all honestly. If there's one I like the least it's the lime. My favorite? Vintage. Was lucky enough to find a man at a gun trading show whose entire lot was antique barbering equipment. It smells different in the bottle and on the skin. It is indeed original liquid so it gets used about three times a year. The combo of uniqueness with the great smell of clubman makes this gem my favorite of them all.
    image.jpg

Billy Goatee, JRod22 and 178-bplatoon like this.
  15. gms541

gms541 Member

I've tried them all and, except for Lime Sec, like them all. Vanilla is too flowery but I'll use it up. I have large bottles of Clubman, Citrus Musk, and Veg. which I will re-order when needed. Bay Rum and Special Reserve are standard size bottles, and also see use.

16. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I have and use all, except the Musk,Lime Sec and Vanilla...My "least" favorite out the ones I've tried so far is Special Reserve,I won't be reordering that one...My two favorites are Original and VI BayRum..The one I'm looking most forward to trying is the Vanilla...:)

17. btbill

btbill Member

Since I love the Original, I've got to try the Special Reserve....

18. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I have the original and VI bay rum. I seem to always reach for the bay rum.

19. RVshave

RVshave New Member

I love the Vanilla just doesn't last long, have Special Reserve and Original use them all regularly. I had the VIBR but SWMBO hated the heavy clove smell so now my son has it. I really like the Veg and it lasts a long time, it's my Sunday go to AS.

JRod22 and Richard Jackson like this.
  20. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

So I own the Original and VIBR and like them both. I got a Vanilla sample and really liked the scent, but like it was already mentioned, it seems to disappear quickly. I am looking for a decent musk cologne/aftershave. Would the Clubman Musk or Citrus Musk be a good option?