SoS: October 14, 2013 - October 20, 2013

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Sunday:

Cetaphil Face Bar
    Cella
    EJ Best Medium
    Dovo Natural
    Witch Hazel
    Afta Fresh
    Brut Dominant

2 pass mountain top shouting DFS!:happy036:

2. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Sunday

Unscented glycerin soap
    TSD unscented wheat shaving cream
    WSP silvertip brush
    EJ DE89
    Gillette 7 O'Clock yellow blade
    CeraVe lotion

Yesterday was a day off from shaving, so I had a two day growth. This morning I was well lathered by the silvertip brush and the excellent TSD wheat cream, and a new Gillette yellow blade mowed down the whiskers effortlessly. Excellent, smooth shave!

Where I live here in the Seattle area we have been socked in with fog since Friday. Hope it burns off today!
    [​IMG]

3. Daytonkb

Daytonkb Well-Known Member

Sunday Morning of October 20th Take good heed therefore unto yourselves, that ye love the LORD your God. Joshua 23:11

Prep: Hot Shower/ St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub
    Pre Shave: Homemade Preshave with Peppermint Essential oil, Tea Tree, and Glycerin
    Soap: Lucky Tiger Liquid Cream Shave
    Brush: No Name Badger hair Brush (local flea market find)
    Blade: Astra Platinum
    Razor: Black Handle Gillette Slim
    Post Shave: Osma Alum
    After Shave: Witch Hazel/Peppermint Essential mix, followed by Old Spice Classic

Notes: First time shaving with the Lucky Tiger Liquid Cream Shave, I had done a test run 2 months ago when i first received it in the mail and it would not lather at all. So this morning I decided to bowl lather instead of face lather, I must say its a quality shaving cream and makes a lush lather. It protected my skin very well and has a great lemony fruit smell to it. This cream has earned a spot in my rotation!

IMG_20131020_091846.jpg

4. mjemec

mjemec Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Prep: shower, Bulldog Original face wash
    • Razor: Gillette Fatboy
    • Blade: Polsilver SI (2)
    • Brush: Frank Shaving Faux Agate
    • Soap: HTGAM Synergy Cavendish
    • Aftershave: Proraso lozione dopobarba

5. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Sunday:
    hot shower
    Shave Secret PSO
    Gillette Ball End Tech Y4
    Voskhod Teflon (1)
    VDH boar
    C O Bigelow cream (in the scuttle)
    Brut Original

I normally only shave every other day but yesterday I received items from a recent PIF so I was anxious to use them. The Gillette has the shortest handle I've used to date so it made me wonder what it'll be like to try the little Gillette travel razor I recently picked up but haven't used yet. It seemed like I was holding on at the very tip so I'll need to use it a few more times to get comfortable. It also seems to require a slightly different angle than what I'm used to so that will take some practice as well.

6. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Razor: Revamped Rhodium Plated Fat Boy (S6)
    Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (D3)
    Brush: Restored Rubberset 49-4 W 28mm HMB
    Pre: Musgo Real Lime Basil Oil Soap
    Soap: St Charles Shave Bulgarian Lavender
    Aftershave: Muelhens 4711
    Cologne: Muelhens 4711

7. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Sunday 10/20

Hot shower
    RazoRock glycerin
    RazoRock Mughet de France
    Semogue 1460
    Gillette new style open comb
    7 o'clock Green

Nice DFS.

IMG_0001.JPG

8. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

Sunday morning, October 20, 2013

Gillette Fusion Proglide Power
    Proglide cartridge (9)
    Semogue 1305 boar bristle brush,
    Arko soap, lather with hot water—
    Witch Hazel
    Gillette Cool Wave

Couldn't ask for a better DFS+ this morning! I've got a little shard of the Arko left, good thing I've got plenty in stock! It's the soap that works the best on my face. Aces!

[​IMG]

9. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

Prep: FitjarSoap Pre Shave Soap
    Razor: Merkur HD
    Blade: Gillette 7 o’clock Black (2)
    Brush: Proraso Boar
    Cream: Al’s Shaving
    Aftershave: Floid Blue
    Moisturiser: Fitjarsoap Shea Butter Moisturiser

Another sample day, and also another go at the Al’s shaving cream.

I have been hoping that I could somehow become friends with this cream, but so far it is relentless in its resistance. It just does not like me and does what it can to sabotage my shave

The Floid Blue on the other hand was much nicer. Not the best smelling, but it will probably grow on me, but it did give me a nice and cooling effect after an irritating shave

20.10.2012.JPG

10. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Glatt und geschmeidig, oder? ;)

11. MACS

MACS Member

Took a ten minute shower, and washed my face with Neutrogena Face Wash. Also used a facial scrub by Queen Helene (Cocoa Butter), to remove dead skin and clean up the beard area. Finished with cold water.

Soaked my VDH Boar Brush for about 10 minutes in medium-hot water and using a 1$ glass coffee mug from the Dollar Tree, lathered some Gillette with Aloe Vera (From Argentina), until I obtained a nice warm, rich lather. Loaded my Gillette Superspeed Flair Tip with an Astra SP and shaved in three passes, almost getting a BBS.

Rinsed the excess lather with room temperature water and after cleaning the tools, splashed cold water on my face and let it dry while doing other things. After that, splashed some Aubrey Organics North Woods Aftershave and applied some St. Ives Collagen Moisturizer. No irritation, burn, cuts or nicks.

The Gillette cream performed well (first time using it) and the scent is clean and doesn't linger for long. Very pleasant product.

Have a great day/evening!

M.

1378601_10201799645768967_477535405_n.jpg

Norseman, ChiefShaver, Leo K. and 8 others like this.
  12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod102013.jpg
    Dove Men's Face Wash​
    Proraso Green Shave Cream​
    Parker Pure Badger Brush​
    Merkur 37c Slant​
    Merkur Super Platinum (3)​
    CWR​
    Dickinson's Witch hazel​
    Pinaud Clubman AS​
    The Proraso Green was especially refreshing today. It face-lathered well with the Parker pure badger. Two passes and touch ups with the Merkur 37c resulted in another great shave. I have encountered no problems with the slant. This is just my third shave with it, and I am feeling more confident with each shave. If there are mistakes to be made, I may be getting close because at this point it feels like this razor can do no wrong. Finished off with Dickinson's WH and Pinaud Clubman. Sweet.​

Norseman, ChiefShaver, Leo K. and 8 others like this.
  13. CJames

CJames Well-Known Member

How would you describe the scent? I saw their website and was intrigued. Is it very strong? Does it linger?

14. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

IMG_20131005_194149_635 (Copy)01.jpg

Razor: Progress
    Blade: Croma Diamant
    Brush: Stingray Custom
    Stick: DVH
    AS: Fine American Blend

KLF, captainamer71, Ryan B and 7 others like this.
  15. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

The "Old School" photo effect looks pretty cool there Jacob! Great pic! :happy088:

Weeper Warrior likes this.
  16. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

Thanks, Bruce. Had some time today thought I would play with the Paint Shop.

Stroker likes this.
  17. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

SOTD 10-20-13

Shower
    Soap: Shea Moisture Utility Soap
    Shampoo/Conditioner: Suave For Men Ocean Charge 2n1

Shave
    Prep: Hot shower, Nivea Face Wash, Hot towel
    Brush: Tweezerman
    Lather: Taylor Of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Cream
    Razor: Merkur 23C
    Blade: Feather (1)
    Passes: WTG/XTG/ATG/RXTG
    Post: Warm water rinse, Cold water rinse, Alum Block, Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum Aftershave

I don't usually shave on many Sunday's...however I had to make an exception today because I was driving in Charlotte last night and found this beauty supply store that had a HUGE wall FULL of Pinaud Clubman products. They had every scent except vanilla (I was sort of disappointed in that since I wanted to try that one) so I bought a 12oz bottle of VIBR. My God, this stuff is amazing. I can feel a moisturizing effect with it. It also has a warming effect, I've noticed. I already tell this will be an essential aftershave for the upcoming winter. It smells simply beautiful. Loaded up the 23C with a new Feather blade from a blade sampler I acquired a while ago. Awesome blade. It will bite you, I got a little nick on the neck area, but it ended in a BBS shave. Face lathered the TOBS sandalwood. My face feels great right now.

[​IMG]

KLF, Jayaruh, Weeper Warrior and 3 others like this.
  18. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Hi @CJames and @crackstar:

The shave was very good.The S3S Head is absolutely fantastic. A really heavyweight and gentle and smooth at the same time. A nice member in our german forum lent it to me for trying.Now i´m so impressed of this head that i will buy it from him.Like crackstar said: Glatt und Geschmeidig!!! :) I think the translation for that is "silk and smooth".

The soap has a very interesting scent...nothing i smelled before. Very dark and earthy (smokey) but very very nice. The scent is not overpowering but it´s around you the whole time while you´re shaving.I liked it a lot. There will be a few more shaves with the "Sandalwood smoke" but there was nothing negative about it. The lather was easy to create and it was a rich,slick lather. The skin protection was very good too. After the shave i had the feeling my skin is a little dried out but that lasts only about 5-10 minutes.

After that my face felt refreshed and moist. The scent was not very long lasting. I smelled it about 15 minutes later very little. But you know that every skin is different. On your skin the scent will last more or less. I would give it a try. :)

Hope i could help you.

Greetings
    Thorsten

Norseman likes this.