Favorite Coffe Brand/ Flavor

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Daytonkb, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Daytonkb

Daytonkb Well-Known Member

This may have been a post before but, thought it would be fun to see what everyone likes and see what all kinds of brands and flavors the world has to offer!

Mine:
    Folgers Classic
    Dunkin Donuts

Mike-R41 and preidy like this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I prefer to roast my own. I've become very partial to the beans from Kenya.

3. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Tanzanian Peaberry is easily my favorite, almost irrespective of which company sells it.

Daytonkb likes this.
  4. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Similar taste here with preference for a darker roast. I'll take the Kenyan beans and roast them to full city++, not quite going into the French-roast territory.
    With the green bean blends, I'll try and go as dark as possible.
    Retail, I prefer some of Peete's coffees—some not all. My wife enjoys the Major Dickason blend, so we keep a supply on hand of the whole bean. Now that Costco carries the 2lb whole bean bag, its the best deal.

At work, the church office has two Flavia machines with a variety of packets to choose from— teas, hot chocolate or coffees. It's quick and easy, and the dark 'Barista' coffee blend isnt too bad. 20 seconds & 'presto!'....hot coffee. Decent enough so not to offend my snobbish coffee sensibilities. ;)
    [​IMG]

Tdmsu, Daytonkb and KLF like this.
  5. GeneRector

GeneRector Active Member

:) Howdy! My day to day coffee is Folgers Classic. However, over the years I have tried many others. Others that I really like are Kona, Jamaica Blue Mountain (expensive), Community Dark, Tanzanian Peaberry, and many more. I have not tried a coffee that I did not really like. Each has something to offer. I usually buy the beans and grind them when I am buying something other than Folgers. Always, Gene

Daytonkb likes this.
  6. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Any Kopi Luwak lovers at TSD?

Daytonkb likes this.
  7. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

Have you drank that yourself ?

8. Erik Redd

No, I don't think I'd drink it if it was free, much less pay $100 for 100 g of beans. I can't imagine what the civet intestinal tract does to make it that much better, but there are those willing to pay for it so it must have some redeeming qualities.

brit likes this.
  9. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I HAVE tried a similar variant: the Brazil Jacu Bird Coffee.
    "... the Jacu bird is a native of South America and enjoys the high quality Arabica coffee beans of Brazil. The theory is this: if the bird eats only the ripest, tastiest berries then the little piles of beans it excretes for us as a present should all be uniform, high quality, ripe beans. The farms simply collect these piles, wash the beans, and package them up for us." The beans were roasted to full-city & the coffee I found rather bright and uninspiring. No hint of bird-excrement in flavor, I'm happy to say.

Tdmsu likes this.
  10. Erik Redd

Hmmm. What nuances in flavor would bird excrement impart to coffee that you would be able to identify? :)

HolyRollah likes this.
  11. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Hmm, I would imagine...."an unctuous, yet grippy, earthiness that is difficult to put one's finger on—scatologically speaking." :think002:

Tdmsu and jeraldgordon like this.
  12. CJames

CJames Well-Known Member

Just wow...Yep, I'll pass! Don't know if I could get it down with that thought in my head!

BamaT likes this.
  13. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Since I drink it the most, I guess my favorite is Gevalia espresso (in the pod cup thingies).

Dunkin Donuts vs. Starbucks? DD, hands down.

Timmy Horton's vs. anything else? Anything else (sorry Canada).

As for flavors.... I hate 'em all. Coffee needs to taste like coffee for me.

14. Erik Redd

My favorite would have to be a good Irish Coffee after a nice dinner.

15. dave12b

dave12b New Member

Agree 100% with 1 and 3, and as much as I enjoyed Tim Hortons during my breif stint up north, travel south a bit and get ahold of some Krispy Kream coffee. One of the things I missed most when I left Georgia and came back to the mid west. That and warm weather.

At home it was DD beans (and a pinch of salt) in a french press until my kids borrowed it to hold some flowers they picked for momma and dropped it. Now I use a plan ol Mr. Coffee.

16. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Any Counter Culture product. They are located in Durham, North Carolina, where I live.

17. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

Full Vengeance from The Roasterie. Best blend...ever! :)

18. Sontag

Sontag Well-Known Member

We usually keep Chock Full o' Nuts at home. My wife likes it, and it's OK with me.

At our local coffee shop (shameless plug for Mill Mountain Coffee) I usually get their "coffee of the day" but I also like their own Mill Mountain Blend.

Mike-R41 and Queen of Blades like this.
  19. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

i like the 8 oclock columbian bean coffee. i have a basic grind and brew and every morning i wake up to the sound and smell of it. 41cmMrX55AL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

BigD and bbbbMMbbbb like this.
  20. Daytonkb

Daytonkb Well-Known Member

Never tryed eight o clock coffee have always seen it on the shelf though! May have to pick some up and give it a go.