Double Arrow rescaled

Discussion in 'Razor Restoration' started by CatMan, Dec 2, 2007.

1. CatMan

CatMan Member

As mentioned previously I recently purchased two very expensive ( :D ) straight razors from the same Polish eBay website that sells Wapis, called "Double Arrow". The price was $8.90(each) + shipping. Believe it or not, they became my favorite shavers! Now, for this price one really cannot expect great scales. That the blades are as good as they are, is already a miracle IMHO. So, I rescaled one of them this weekend. The scales are oak, stained in "Golden Oak" and treated with tung oil for a change. Thanks Damon for the hint!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Nice and simple! Nice job.

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Lovely work, Klaus!

4. CatMan

CatMan Member

Thank you guys & girls!
    Wishing you the best for your eye surgery, JoAnna! You are a brave woman! :1respect I would be terrified. :ashamed001

5. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

love the look....wood is good!!!

6. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

What a great shape for scales! I really like them... and a great job, to boot.

7. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

I gotta quit looking at these cut - throats ;)

Nice job......specially with the wood.

8. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Very nice work Klaus!

9. CatMan

CatMan Member

Thank you all for your nice words of encouragement! One more razor needs to be rescaled, eventually. I'm not sure which kind of wood to choose, but most likely something that is locally available. This was the first time I ever worked with tung oil. I really like the feel of the wood surface after buffing it. I think I'm going to stick with this kind of finish.

10. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Thank you, Klaus!

It certainly isn't something I would elect to go through, but I'd like to keep my eyesight for another 30 years. :ashamed001

11. bg42

bg42 New Member

Not bad ,not bad at all. The scales are an interesting shape which matches the striking grain of the wood, well done
    Kind regards Peter