Best Shave Cream EVER!

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Deniz, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Deniz

Deniz Member

Hi Guys,

I am new to traditional wet shaving, and would like to know.... What is the BEST shave cream you have EVER used?

I seem to have normal skin (not too sensitive) and I like all variations of smells if that helps.

I never keep a beard and always like to get as close as possible with my shave.

The less chemicals the better for me!

Thanks everyone!!!

crackstar, Douglas Carey and Boojum1 like this.
  2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Welcome to the den! After buying 15 or so creams, I'd say my favorite is TOBS grapefruit. But that's a very difficult question. You'll get 20 answers for different creams. YMMV.. Btw. The den store is a great place to get samples without breaking the bank.

3. Deniz

Deniz Member

Thanks RaZor!

What do you like particularly about the TOBS grapefruit?

4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Very easy to lather, slick and the smell. Also the price. Check out the den store, that's where I first tried TOBS. Good luck!

Redfisher, Douglas Carey and Boojum1 like this.
  5. Deniz

Deniz Member

Awesome!! This is why I like asking others what they like best... Less trial and error on the bad stuff ;)

Douglas Carey likes this.
  6. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Palmolive Menthol is my favorite cream. If you like menthol, I suggest you try that out.

My other favorites include: Ingram, Barbon, Gada Cool Mint, Mem Olive, Mem Original, and the Body Shop Maca Root.

Douglas Carey, crackstar and Boojum1 like this.
  7. Deniz

Deniz Member

Is the Palmolive made by the soap company, or a different company with the same name?

8. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

No idea. It's no longer made in America. It's made in Europe, Morocco, Egypt, and maybe India.

The Euro Palmolive Menthol is only about $8 a tube and is available at most online American vendors.

Douglas Carey, Boojum1 and crackstar like this.
  9. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

I finally tried the Creamo Creme , that stuff is like snot on glass SLIPPERY.
    I still like my pucks however if I was going to a cream, this would be the one.

Douglas Carey, Omelmad and dscaver like this.
  10. Deniz

Deniz Member

I currently have the Cremo.... I cant say that I like it at all! it is slippery, but does not offer much protection in my case.

thanks Cool Breeze! :eatdrink047:

211bma, Douglas Carey and Cool Breeze like this.
  11. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Yes, there is a Palmolive cream from India, in fact two versions. They're both very good.

Welcome to the group, Deniz! :)

Douglas Carey, Bristle Me and Boojum1 like this.
  12. shmuel

shmuel Member

Truefitt & Hill is fantastic. Also, Coates, which was discontinued several years ago, is now available because someone acquired a huge cache of it and is selling the tubes for $3.95 each. They lather really well and have fantastic glide. Maggard Razors aldo has it for the same price. His site is Coatescream.com. If you are thinking about ordering something in addition to cream, give Maggard a shot. Either the T & H or the Coates out performs TOBS IMHO, but Taylor is a fine product.

Douglas Carey and Adriano Arrigo like this.
  13. crackstar

Shalom Aleichem Shmuel and welcome! :)

14. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

I'm not a huge cream fan, but Speick cream is something special.

15. crackstar

I agree with you. Speick is excellent stuff.

16. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Queen Charlotte Soaps makes my favorite creams and I love their scents. 2nd place goes to Castle Forbes.

17. LifesShort

LifesShort Well-Known Member

Any for the TOBS creams are great. My personal favorite is Elon College, though I haven't tried them all. I also really like Mr. Taylor's and Jermyn St.

Douglas Carey, Tattoobob and Boojum1 like this.
  18. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Lider or Tabac are my favorite creams. That said I don’t use creams that often. Im more of a shave stick/shave soap kinda guy.

19. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

"I rarely use creams, but when I do, I prefer MEM, Speick, or Pacific…"

[​IMG]

20. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

The best I've ever tried are the Arko creams and Speick cream. They are amazing. I've been through many others, Proraso included, and they don't come near.

Douglas Carey and crackstar like this.