Best Shave Cream EVER!

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Deniz, Jan 5, 2014.

1. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

I think Kiss My Face is my favorite.

2. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

I am a soap guy and the only creams I've tried are Proraso red and Arko Extra Sensitive.While the Arko cream is a good cream that is fairly pleasant smelling and provides good moisturizing and protection I feel Proraso has those qualities and then some. To me Proraso smells better, more luxurious, and softens my beard better.

3. Woodekt

Woodekt Well-Known Member

Biotique Bio Palmyra cream is awesome.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  4. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

I have a hard time picking just one so...

The Shave Den Wheat Shaving Cream - fantastic all-around performance and a gigantic range of scents available. w/ or w/o menthol
    Anthony Logistics - great peppermint scent and excellent cushion
    Art of Shaving Ocean Kelp - just a small amount is needed for phenomenal lather.
    L'Occitane's Cade - Killer scent, great lather, and exceptional skin care.
    C.O. Bigelow - super slick and a great menthol kick

In the nature of YMMV, I see KMF listed several times yet I don't care for it at all. I've had 5 different scents but have given away 3 and will probably get rid of my remaining two tubes. I just don't like the consistency of the lather. I may keep the pomegranate grapefruit around solely for the scent.

5. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Active Member

Xpec, Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet, and Acqua di Parma are superb, but for the money nothing in my collection beats Nancy Boy Signature Shave Cream for performance and value.

cubancigar2000 likes this.
  6. bzero007

bzero007 Active Member

TOBS creams are amazing, currently using Sandalwood.

LifesShort likes this.
  7. sharpedge1188

sharpedge1188 New Member

Tobs shaving shop is a fantastic cream for me. I almost always use soaps but I dont mind that cream every now and then for sure :)

8. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

Another soap guy here, but I use creams every now and then. Speick is my favorite. I use the stick as well, but their cream is great stuff!

9. KLF

KLF Doctorin

For me,the best is MEM Olive after that comes Proraso Sandalwood and Tabac shave cream. Palmolive and Nivea are also a very good option, at least for me.

crackstar and dscaver like this.
  10. Deniz

Deniz Member

Thanks for all the input guys!! I just had my first BBS shave tonight! I'm still learning technique, and my shaves are getting better.. I was able to go ATG for the first time tonight, but my face still hurts LOL..

I appreciate all the great people here helping a young man learn to shave the old fashioned way :happy088:

11. Mr. Wonderful

For me, without question, is Nancy Boy Shave Cream in their signature scent. A close second is XPEC shave cream from italy and any of the Castle Forbes.

12. Deniz

Deniz Member

I have bought from nancy boy before, but it was for my wife. I might have to give them some return business

crackstar likes this.
  13. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

One of the best for me is the Body Shop Maca Root cream. This stuff is super nourishing and a little bit goes a very long way. Of the several creams I have used this is the best. There are probably better out there but I haven't worked my way toward them.
    On a side not I do agree that the Kiss My Face brands are really good too.

2grubswrestle1 likes this.
  14. Mr. Wonderful

Since they have a retail store in San Francisco it is convenient for me. All of their products are very very good, including their bath soap and their after shave balms. They also price their products very reasonably. Each to his own on the question of preference. I for one, really dislike Proraso products and I consider menthol something that should never touch a face. Enjoy the exploration.

15. michael54

michael54 Well-Known Member

No menthol is blasphemy!!! :p

jeraldgordon likes this.
  16. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

Proraso red has no menthol

17. Deniz

Deniz Member

I have yet to use menthol... am I missing the boat?

18. michael54

michael54 Well-Known Member

You gotta try it at least once :)

19. Deniz

Deniz Member

I am about to make a batch of pre shave oil. I might make a small separate batch with M-bomb added.

20. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

The 'menthol' boat is pretty crowded. :D
    Menthol's cooling effect provides a unique feel to which some people absolutely are addicted. I enjoy using menthol products at times—a cool, refreshing, tingling sensation that can be present in pre shave products, shaving lather and post-shave products. Some folks have a bad reaction (rash or sensitivity) to menthol.

CyanideMetal likes this.