The Haul: December 10th - December 16th, 2007

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Lyrt, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

The retarded kid I am is happy.

Attached Files:

• ps3.jpg
      ps3.jpg
      File size:
      123 KB
      Views:
  2. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Nice!!!!!!

3. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

Dear God. I remember playing with Mario Bros and Zelda not so long ago. I remember being blown away by Secret of Mana in what, 1993? I’ve just spent an hour with the PS3 hooked on my Dolby 5.1 and LCD monitor. And to think my mother had ration cards when she was young. We are just a bunch of spoiled children.

4. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Heavens that's what the latest video game systems look like. I am from the generation that played with the antique below and hurt our wrists to no end. Called Atari Wrist in the day:

Attached Files:

5. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Haha....i grew up on that Atari. Man...i miss the simplicity of those games. Today's games are pretty complex and have endless area to explore making the games frustrating at times. I miss the NES where you had to move Mario to the right to go on :p

6. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    +1

7. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Sweet, Yukio! I'm not ready to get one of those yet. I hear the built in Blu Ray player rivals almost anything stand alone on the market.

8. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

While I am a fan of the complex games.. give me the original Zelda anyday!

9. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

It's tough to find the right balance in the new games. If you're not used to them, you get lost pretty quick. I've tried playing FIFA 08 Soccer on PS2. Talk about complicated.

10. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

One day they are going to release a game where it is your job to CREATE the game and then sell it for them. You win if they make money... :rofl

11. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

I heard that too but quite frankly I don’t really care. That’s only a play station to me. :D By the way I had it imported from Japan so I can’t play European blurays, though I’m sure some people will make a patch that will make it zone free.

12. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Never played with this one, it was a bit too late for me.

Attached Files:

13. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

I have the XBOX. I keep my games to first person shooter type stuff and Racing/driving games. I have the steering wheel and pedals and it is just too much fun.

Raf

14. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I have an xbox as well. Not sure if i wanna splurge on a 360 yet

15. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Motherload

I started this week off with a couple nice scores. First up, kudos to Jim @ VintageBlades for the LARGE samples, along with an entire tub of Harris cream for a shipping mixup. Thanks Jim!!!!

DR Harris Lavender cream tub
    DR Harris Arlington cream tub
    Castle Forbes Lavender cream tub
    Sample of DR Harris Arlington A/S splash
    Sample of DR Harris Marlborough A/S splash
    Sample of DR Harris Marlborough cream
    [​IMG]

And then, the mother of all brushes. A custom Savile Row 3330 in ebony. Talk about a beautiful monster! This brush is breathtaking... and MASSIVE. Can't wait to see how it performs!!! Thanks Charles!

Savile Row 3330 ebony
    Proraso A/S splash
    Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood shave soap puck
    Sample of Floris Santal cream
    [​IMG]

Just to give you an idea of the crazy size of this brush, here it is next to my SR 3124:

[​IMG]

And then my attempt at a macro-shot of the tips of the hair. Linked for size and table breakage:

http://www.baloosh.hytekhosting.us/images/Scores/SR3330-tips.jpg

The back of the brush:

[​IMG]

Not a bad day after all!!!! :eek::D:D

16. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

OMG.......very nice pickups Jason

17. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    That brush looks massive! :eek:

Nice haul, Jason!

18. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Oh yeah, I'd definitely motor-boat that brush :rofl

Good show dude

19. Will

Will Nevermind

Crap, I just got a PS2. :( :rofl

I will get a PS3 when the PS5 comes out.

I upgrade when they come out with a game I must have. The PS1 was Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid, PS2 was The Godfather, The Warriors, and the Manhunt series.

20. Padron

Padron Active Member

WOW, Great hauls guys!!

Jason, what a Score!!, a great day indeed :drool:drool:drool....that brush looks sweet...I thought my 3228 was big...:eek: :D