What after shave?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by willy, Jan 7, 2014.

1. joshkamradt

joshkamradt Member

My father usef to use cool water and so did i dont know the decade

2. Luteplayers

Luteplayers Well-Known Member

Old Spice, and occasionally Hai Karate because one of the kids bought it for him.

3. BossManBill

BossManBill Well-Known Member

Old spice was always my dad's go to AS. I remember he once had it in lime with a clear bottle. Wish he had kept some of those old containers, they were works of art

4. The_Dude_Abides

The_Dude_Abides Active Member

My dad was an Old Spice man during the 70s.

I'm an Old Spice guy now. My 3-year-old likes to come into the bathroom and put on a little OS with me. I like to think my dad looks down on us every time we go through our ritual, and he smiles. :)

5. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Old Spice in the 60's, Timberline by English Leather in the 70's, and Canoe in the 80's.

6. Jason1977

Jason1977 Active Member

My dad was always between English Leather, Aqua Velva, Brut, & that's about it. This would've been from the 80's tot he present~ Of course those were the says one could still find pucks of Colgate shave soap a dime a dozen~

7. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

When I was a kid my dad would often use Skin Bracer, Aqua Velva or English Leather. On occasion he would use Old Spice. One thing that would always tick my mom off is he would often use her Channel no5 as a cologne. Lately he's been using more musky cologne/aftershave.
    Because of him I've always had a fondness for those aftershaves. Maybe it's because I just turned forty but I have really developed a liking for Old Spice. Unfortunately I can't wear these items very often because people at work are so sensitive about perfumes and colognes. I slather it on on the weekends to make up for it.

8. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

I think Vitalis, is that an aftershave?

9. cmorris357

Vitalis was a hair product. My dad used that too.

10. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

Thanks, thats the only product I remember seeing in my dads stuff.

11. cmorris357

Google Vitalis and check out some of those images. Funny stuff. It made your hair look like a Ken doll. :rofl:

12. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

Yea, before the mousse and hairspray of the 80's,
    Men use to "grease up"

13. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Guess it could be used as such ---> *click*

14. cmorris357

15. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

16. Glaswegian

Glaswegian Member

My dad used an electric razor with no aftershave, as far as I can remember. He used to use Brylcreem on his hair, however.

17. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    My dad washed his face and shaved with a Gillette open comb razor. He didn't use shaving cream or after shave. I don't know how he did it. He used Jeris Hair Oil.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  18. ekf1204

ekf1204 Member

Old Spice and English Leather in the 70's & 80's. I remember many a Christmas buying Old Spice for him. Great memories.

19. cmorris357

Anybody remember that great dad gift, Hai Karate?

20. FrankNJ62

FrankNJ62 Member

My dad used Old Spice as an everyday AS and if it was a special occasion he would reach for his British Sterling (70's).