Wanting a boar brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Omelmad, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Hey I wanna buy a boar brush, but an inexpensive one. Found some on ebay, anyone had any of these?

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

I have an 10810 (and a smaller one) Its performance is superb. It is currently my favorite brush. The knot size and handle is just perfect not too big not too small. I just wish I had one with a solid handle from the 3000series. Most of them have cheap hollow plastic handles that can easily crack. You will however pay twice for the ones with the better handle (~20usd)

3. Omelmad

[​IMG]

Is this the one? It costs alot less

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Can't go wrong with any of the Omegas, just pick the one you like at the price that's right for you.

5. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

Yes. I have the red one. Like Steve (swarden) said you cant really go wrong. Their boar knots are very highly regarded. But I suggest you look at the measurements. Some ie pro49 are way too big IMO but they may be right for others. The 10810 feels just right to me and feels very ergonomic. It is one of the "classic series" of Omega brushes.

6. Omelmad

I have no preference, Im gonna try it =)

7. Omelmad

Are they really genuine? Can I trust them u think?

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

100 percent

Omelmad and Bristle Me like this.
  9. The_Dude_Abides

The_Dude_Abides Active Member

Omelmad likes this.
  10. Mitch

Mitch Active Member

+1 on the Semogue. I've had mine for a year now and it's been the best brush I've owned. I even prefer it to my silvertip badger. Very good price too!

The_Dude_Abides and Omelmad like this.
  11. WetShaveObsession

WetShaveObsession Well-Known Member

I hold Omegas in very high regard mainly for their knot quality. Im not crazy about most of their handles. Now take a vintage surrey handle, put an Omega knot in it and man you have a beauty of a boar brush with some heft and a good solid feel with some weight to it. I have done many a brush this way and they are winners. That being said given your circumstances, Id go with a cheap Omega as the knot is the "business end" of the brush and then take it from there. Down the road you can upgrade to different Omega with a more substantial handle or explore other options.

The_Dude_Abides and Omelmad like this.
  12. Omelmad

I believe Im gonna try one of ebay first, and then take it from there =) its gonna be interesting to feel the difference =)

13. Omelmad

Living in Sweden makes it hard for me to buy that one. It really looks nice though

14. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

Omega makes a brush worth the asking price but be careful. I dropped mine and it bounced off the sink before hitting the tile. It cracked and now is being held together by 2 part epoxy. Works fine still, just looks like crap

Omelmad likes this.
  15. BudWhite

BudWhite Well-Known Member

Omega 48 or 49.

Can't lose with either.

GDCarrington and Omelmad like this.
  16. Omelmad

Haha sorry about your brush =P why so they make them so fragile? It's weird =P

I wanna try a boar, I think I would like it =)

17. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

I like mine, thats why I epoxied it instead of throwing it away. I dont use it every day but I do still use it from time to time. I think I paid like $14.00 for mine.
    Just dont drop it, the handles are kinda weak.

Omelmad likes this.
  18. Omelmad

Looks very nice, but I can only find sellers in the US and Italy, and the price for shipping is not a happy figure=P

19. Omelmad

Do you use badger on a daily bases?

I think my badger is very low quality =P but it does it's job now when learning the ropes. Haven't tried my new soaps yet, I got some minor pimples from the last shave =P but I blame that on poor technique not the brush

20. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

I haven't used a Omega brush so I can't speak to them, but Semogue makes a fantastic brush! I would recommend the 1305 and the 830. They are wonderful. BTW what in the world does =P mean?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    RaZorBurn123 likes this.