What after shave?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by willy, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

Was your dad General Patton? :eek:

PatrickA51 and CyanideMetal like this.
  2. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

He once slapped King Camp Gillette for crying. :sad024::angry019:

Dapper-in-a-can-man likes this.
  3. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Pinaud Lilac Vegetal.

Who could forget that?

60's

dscaver likes this.
  4. georgemoe

georgemoe Member

I know my dad had an ansenal of AS including Old Spice, English Leather, etc. I also remember an green Avon decanter in the shape of a pheasant.
    He also had a fondness for Hask hair tonic. He had it on one time at my house and our abyssinian cat attacked his head. :happy068:

5. Littlemax

Littlemax Member

Mennen Skin Bracer, 50's. Occasionally Aqua Velva

6. Batman9402

Batman9402 Active Member

burt or something like that

7. Kevin K

Kevin K Well-Known Member

Gramps used Aqua Velva for as long as I can remember. I got his glass bottle of the stuff when he passed a while back.
    My dad switched between Old Spice and whatever the scent du jour from Avon was at the time. Now, I don't think he uses anything (including a razor), he's got the full-on ZZTop beard thing going on!

8. Badger-Face

Badger-Face Well-Known Member

Stetson, old spice, and musk. Right Now lol. Pretty sure he wore it all through the 60's 70's 80's 90's and still. But I don't really think he uses it much anymore unless he's going to dinner or Sunday morning Church.

9. Dapper-in-a-can-man

My grandad didn't wear aftershave, but he wore the hell out of Polo blue.

10. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I think my Dad used mostly "OLD Spice, or English Leather", he always shaved with a DE Razor, after he got married to "the Wicked Witch of the North" he started using an Electric Razor. I believe it was a Remington Razor. My wife and I gave him a Norelco Razor for his Birthday. After he died I asked his wife if I could have his razors, and she said that she was giving them and his tools from his work shop to my scumbag brother-in-law. Don't get me started sorry for the rant.

11. Dapper-in-a-can-man

That's absurd. Those are the things you pass down to offspring. The rant is understandable.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  12. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Ah, the joy of family.

13. PatrickA51

The only reason I got the US Flag off of his casket was that when I left Northern California. Was that I took it.

14. PatrickA51

Ain't that the truth.

15. PatrickA51

Maybe he should receive 24 lashes from a Cat of Nine Tails, like they did to one of the sailors in the movie "Mutiny on the Bounty" 1935 Clark Gable, Charles Laughton.

16. PatrickA51

I have some of that.

17. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Old Spice if he used any. That was the 80's.

18. sugarcane

sugarcane Member

I just found a half bottle of original english leather, with the big wooden top. It has kept it's aroma. The scent lasts on my face for hours. I got lucky.

19. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

From the 60s and 70s I remember my dad splashing on Aqua Velva and Skin Bracer. When I started shaving I migrated to the AV, the Skin Bracer was a little too bracing for me. Always used a DE, and later on he used an injector. I did not get his razors, but I did get his mug and brush. Still use them both to this day.

Dave

20. Daiku

Daiku New Member

My Dad used Old Spice up until recently, when I gifted him some extra AS from my shave den. So OS through the 50s-today. It lasted a long time too--he only used it when he would take my mom out. That was a once a week trip to the American Legion!